Contact Me

Friday, September 15, 2017

Catastrophic Thursday

I hardly know where to begin. I was within two minutes of leaving the house to go to my oncologist appointment.  And, I barely had time to get there. In the end, I was a bit late.

The Power Board called to tell me I might have water heater problems. This was a strange call at the moment. It appears I have used about ten times the water I usually do. Plus, the electric usage has gone up the about five times the usual. Now, I think these were the  usages they talked about. However, the one thing I have absolutely correct is that my bill which includes: water, sewage, electric is $691 instead of my usual $200.  I was and still am stunned. I doubt I can find help with that large bill.

My basement only has a door on the outside. I like that because no one can get upstairs. I watch many scary movies, well, in the past I did. Anyway, I went to the basement door and there is anywhere from 2.5 to 3 ft of water in the basement.

After I got in exbf's car and briefly told him, I called the power board and asked them if someone could cut off the water in the yard. She explained I could do it myself with a tool. No, my meter no longer uses the long key. It is a new one and different. So, she told me she would call water company. Then, I talked to water company woman who told me how to cut it off. Nope, mine does not work that way. First of all, no key is required. The "switch" is below ground level. I cannot bend and reach that far.

Water guys cut if off. So, now I have no water. And, I have no money to buy gallons. All my vinegar jugs that I used to bring home water from the neighbor's faucet are in the basement, probably floating.

Since I have no one to do the physical labor and no money to pay for this, I am just sick about it. The appointment with the oncologist always freaks me out. Cancer is still a possibility for me.

Exbf took me to dinner at Cracker Barrel with a gift card he won at a Senior Christmas Party last year. I had food almost done at home, but needed to not come home and try to finish without water.

I ate the chicken fingers, part of the slaw, and one bite of biscuit, and hash brown casserole. Oddly, I because sort of dizzy. Then, nausea set in so bad that I asked for something to throw up in. My knees became like rubber even though I was sitting. I broke out in a drenching sweat and told the waitress and exbf I was going to faint. Only sheer will power kept me from keeling over.

Then, my queasy stomach got worse and I really needed to get to the bathroom. Two tiny female waitresses wanted to help me, but I assured them they were too tiny. The manager was made aware of my problem, I suppose, because he and another equally tall man came and helped me up and held onto me firmly even into the bathroom.

A waitress told me she would stay right by the stall door. I almost fell off the commode! Thankfully for her, I needed no help in there. Afterward, I was still shaky but managed to walk assisted by her to the car.

Exbf had gone ahead to the car before I left the table because he walks so slowly. In the meantime I had asked them to watch my purse, carry it to him, along with the bag with food I did not eat.

Once we got home, I called J and asked her to help me. We went around the corner and picked her up. She carried my bag and purse in and made sure I did not faint in the yard and got into the door.

For the last week my ears have been popping a lot, I have a sinus headache and pain under my eyes. All the sinus and allergy meds have not worked. So, in addition to everything else, I have to go to doctor in the morning. ugh

She said everyone at the fast food place where she works could not speak and now she is dizzy, too. And, her bf had to go to emergency room.

I was going to dehydrate vegetables on Friday for submission at the fair on Saturday, but that is not happening. I have one jar ready if I can get it there.

If anyone would like to help me, the Donate button is at the upper right. I just don't think I can stand being without water, plus, the water in the basement is making the house damp! And, I know I cannot get enough help around here. Plus, in the near past, the water company does not give a person a break on water!!! Years ago, they did cut the bill a bit.

It is almost 3 am, and I am feeling worse by the minute. It seems the last few years, things come on more quickly and I end up very ill.

I just staggered to the bathroom and now must try to sleep a bit to face tomorrow.


9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry and hope that you feel much, much better tomorrow. And that some solution can be found for your water/power issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!! I am so glad you are going to the doctor this morning. I have never had illness come on as fast as you experienced yesterday! That must have been awful to feel that bad and be away from home. And all that water in the basement!! Can you rent a sump pump (not sure of the spelling) and get the water out. I hope you can find and get the problem fixed very soon. I hope your oncology appointment went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I wen to dr and have meds. I am still wobbly when I walk. I even feel wobbly lying down. I cannot afford to rent a sump pump. There is so much water it needs a larger pump, I think. The oncology appointment always leaves me a little unnerved. I will get the report in about a week or so. Until then, I am always anxious until I hear from him.

      Delete
  3. So sorry! If you send me your address, I'll be more than happy to send a check to you but I don't like to give my credit card info online. Soninlaw and grands spent all day cleaning up debris in my yard from Irma but I have power, air conditioning and internet so can't complain...too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry! You really had a bad time of it, didn't you. Hope things get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki,
      Yes, and I still have no running water, but a basement full of water. And, I am still sooo sick. I am going back to the doctor tomorrow. I hope so, too.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.