Contact Me

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Where is Autumn?

I went to Birmingham twice this last week and then north about 25 miles plus two little trips out in the county. There is absolutely no change in foliage. A couple of trees might have been fading a bit but still green. There is not a tree in town that is any color but green.

I love the heat, but right now, it comes and goes. I have yet to wear a sweater, but I have felt a bit of chill that almost calls for a sweater. As far as I am concerned, this warm weather could go on another two months or more. It just needs to be a bit colder for Christmas.

I do miss the vibrant colors of the trees!

As for the pain, it is strange and almost gone. After breakfast, I decided to lie down again. I always lie on my left side. The right shoulder, arm and back were hurting, anyway. As I lowered my body onto the left side, I felt and HEARD a rip between right shoulder blade and spine. The pain and ripping sound took my breath away. Most of the pain went away after the spooky event.

I still hurt, but not so much and not in such excruciating manifestations. Every footstep makes my shoulder and back hurt. It is weird, but no matter how lightly my foot touches the floor, there is excruciating pain. I suppose the shoulder bone is connected to the foot bone or something like that.

How are the temps where you live and where do you live? Does your weather suit you? I am in no hurry to have to wear a sweater, and  love my sandals!

10 comments:

  1. Linda, please go see your doctor today in regards to this pain event. That sounds serious. Barb in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb,
      It seriously hurts and I will call my orthopedist. But, what kind of serious do you mean? Thanks.

      Delete
    2. tell the dr. you heard a "ripping" sound. I say serious because you shouldn't hear ripping sounds, a dr. should be calling you back without delay. I can't stand the medical profession !!! I digress, hope you get an answer soon. hugs barb

      Delete
    3. barb,
      Finally, today, Wednesday, the nurse practioner called and was concerned about the ripping sound. He says I may need surgery on neck, also.

      Delete
  2. This morning the temps are pleasant, but it yesterday it was still kinda hot. My a/c is still working hard. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne who lives just south of me,
      Still warm here, too, and ac running.

      Delete
  3. I live in the north of England. It’s raining hard today and I’m wearing a scarf indoors and have lit the gas fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Brew,
      I have heard about the heavy rain. It has to be bitterly cold for me to wear a hat on my head indoors, so I know you must be cold. Stay near the fire!

      Delete
  4. I remember being told after my car accident that the pain will move all over the place. It sure did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      This pain is certainly moving! It is excruciating.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.