Contact Me

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Chicken Oysters?

Did you know chicken oysters are delicious? Have you ever eaten chicken oysters? Have you ever heard of chicken oysters?

I have eaten chicken oysters. I knew they were delicious even though I had never heard of them.

When I first heard of chicken oysters, I was thinking "Rocky Mountain Oysters." I knew this part was removed from chickens in the dressing of chickens. So, I was confused. Of course, I have never dressed a chicken, so I was not sure.

This VIDEO explains how to cut a roasted chicken and where the oysters are located. Do you throw this part out? Make soup with the oysters?

I like saying and typing "chicken oysters."

10 comments:

  1. There are turkey oysters too!! You'll find them in the same place as the chicken oysters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      LOL, and I should have included those, too. Had you ever heard either called oysters?

      Delete
    2. No I hadn't, but I knew exactly what you were referring to because they are shaped like oysters. LOL

      Delete
  2. The oysters are the cook's special treat! I always eat them along with "the Pope's nose" (The tail.) Is is surprisingly delicious and packed with nutritional value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always eat the tidbit but the tail looks too gross. So, I just pass on it. It fees fatty.

      Delete
  3. It is such an unusual name in relation to chicken/turkey …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. kylie,
      I always eat them as I am cutting up chicken or turkey. They are too sweet to share.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.