Contact Me

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Banking Change and Pain

When I wanted to pay the cell phone by AutoPay, I could not because I needed a bank card. Since I did not want a card, I had to decide if getting a card was worth saving $10 each month. I decided I wanted to save money.

Once I obtained a card and figured out how easy it was to slide the card, I feared I would be overdrawn since I never wrote down the purchase like I knew I should.

Plus, I still do not have my laptop back and did not want to put my banking info on someone else's computer. Therefore, I can never check my bank info like I have for years.

On TV there is a commercial about getting a card from an online bank. This service reports to your phone each time the card is used and gives you transaction amount and new balance.

Yesterday, I asked the drive up teller if my bank had this service. Since they do have the service, I hobbled inside and signed all the paperwork.

Now, I get texts with each transaction. There are problems with what I want and what I got.  The transmission about the transaction is not as immediate as I want. But, it works for me.

Right now, I am in so much pain, all from the wreck. When I swallow food, my back at lower shoulder blade hurts. Moving my left hand to type does not hurt, but moving my hand to mouth to cough is painful for arm and coughing. My shoulder was sore, but now it is unbearable.

The only thing I could eat on Friday was cereal. I ate a whole box. Eating anything like chicken or bread hurt my back so it was excruciating.  I figured that out on Thursday. I did eat a banana, but I knew I could neither cut or chew an apple.  It is weird to swallow and have my back at spine to shoulder blade to hurt. It feels like I am being stabbed.

Your turn
Does anyone have the feature on their checking account where the information is sent to your phone when you use your card? Does it report in a timely manner?

8 comments:

  1. That is pretty cool that the bank notifies you of every transaction. I don't know if my bank has the feature. I just write everything down in the notepad of my iphone so I can officially record it later. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. michelle82,
      I had never heard of the feature from my bank. Maybe you could ask like I did. My neck and back are barely feeling better. I just hope the pain subsides completely soon.

      Delete
  2. I am saddened to read you are in such pain; no fun that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Thanks. When my throat hurts clear to my shoulder, it is weird.

      Delete
  3. I hope you can find some relief from your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. I would love something for pain. Lots of it.

      Delete
  4. I hope your pain settles soon, I love my food and if I couldn't eat as well as have pain I probably wouldn't last long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie,
      I know. I ate way too much cold cereal, but I did not have to chew it.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.