Contact Me

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A few things and so cold and wet

First of all, Oui comes in very strong glass pots. I dropped a bag of groceries while I was trying to transfer the bags from one hand to the other. I heard the Oui land with a crack on the concrete step. There seemed to be no doubt that it had broken. Nope. Those glass pots are sturdy.

Then, I took a can of tuna from the shelf and dropped it right on my big toe that was hurting anyway. The can of tuna landed right at and above the cuticle. That hurt SO. A few days later I dropped something else on the exact same spot. Yes, it is very much discolored. I was going to a podiatrist anyway, but it will be fine.

No, I don't drop so much. But, dropping the Oui reminded me of my dropping things on my toe.

Yesterday, we went to another free lunch. We had a beef patty with delicious gravy, huge sweet potato, green beans and two very thin slices of buttered bread, unsweetened iced tea, and cookies.

We also brought a meal home. Tommy was glad to get a meal for home, especially since I cooked nothing for dinner.

I went to Publix and WM and bought a few things. I left the milk in his car and my car for six hours. It was still cool when I brought it in from my car. Tommy told me I left it in his car, so I went out to get it and put it in my car while I helped him. Then, I forgot it in there. No, I did not forget it. I was cold, just hurting so much and went to sleep.

He called me shortly after I got back in the house after putting food in his car. His car would not start since he left the lights on when he came into the house. I think my lights go off after a bit.

It rained all day, sometimes a drizzle and sometimes steady rain. So, I was already feeling damp. I went to Auto Zone to borrow jumper cables. Of course, I am drowning and my sandaled feet are cold and wet. He had to use two canes while hooking them up. He had on a rain jacket, socks and shoes which I did not! Then, I had to take the cables back. I was so exhausted I was dizzy.

Jumper cables are something I used to have. Where did they go? They are a case of something someone asked to borrow, promising to bring them back. NO! The person would not give them back.

Cold and wet? Yesterday I was the wettest I have been in ages. Since the weather was around sixty, it was numbing. Remember, it was in high 80s two days ago.

This past week, I have finished my Christmas shopping. Of course, every last thing was reduced. So. that is a bit of good news for me.

Does anyone have one of those things to keep to jump off a car without needing cables and another car? Have an opinion of how they are to use?

9 comments:

  1. Wow how did you get temps in the 60's? It was still pretty warm here yesterday, but then we never got the rain, so today I am still piddling around the house in shorts and flip flops. Looking at the thermometer on the deck , it looks to be about 70 today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it was the fact that we had rain all day and that the cold front had not gotten to you. This was not shorts weather!

      Delete
  2. I wish it would get cooler here. We have have temperatures in the 80s with heat indexes in the 90s (and humid). I have jumper cables in my car and I always forget I have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, Sat night, it is 54 and will go down to 40 or so. Still, it is not so cold and will warm up soon. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I have one of those jumper cable thingies. It also hold enough charge to plug a light into when the power goes out. Got it on QVC last year. It works slick and don't know I got along without it. Peace of mind on a dark and rainy night is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tweshooz,
      Is this the thing that is not cables, but a box to use that has a stored charge for jumping off the car?

      Delete
    2. Yes, mine is called a Halo Bolt. In fact it is the TSV on QVC today 10/21. It is a great thing to have, and you can probably go online and find other places that have it or something similar.

      Delete
  4. I reread this a few times to ascertain I read it right: you have already finished your christmas shopping?! oh my word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Yes, all finished. I have never gotten it all done so early. I found things on sale.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.