Contact Me

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Learning More Spanish, Lunch, Crying

My goal is one word a day. I can and often do learn more. I have a process for learning.

Monday, I saw the word "Insurance" with the word "Seguro" underneath. When I got back to my computer, I looked it up to see if the word was correct. It was. Then, I read all the sentence examples and read the sentences aloud. There is a little button that, when pushed, has a native speaker repeat the word each time the button is pushed.

This word was easy to learn and will not have to be repeatedly practiced. From Spanish in ninth grade, I think, we had a phrase repeatedly used in the text book.

"Para estar seguro" was a section in each chapter. "In Order to be Sure." It was a weekly exercise, a practice.

I don't watch a lot of Spanish TV, and I should. Maybe I can ramp this up.  I really want to grow and stretch my brain.

Tuesday, I went to church dinner. Tommy did not come since he had taken me to the doctor, putting about 220 miles on his car and body. He was very tired. A guy who wanted me to help him with a job was coming with me. But, this is the fourth time he has not showed up, so I was not surprised.

Lunch was Chicken and dressing, peach slice with cottage cheese or sour cream and shredded cheese, pickle spear, and unsweetened tea. Dessert was an assortment of pies, cakes, and cupcakes. Two tiny cupcakes were at my plate and brought home. Each person had a little Halloween bag with various candy inside.

The lunch was a good chance to socialize.  For some reason, ATT has been not receiving payment as my bank sends back the autopay request. So, my internet is going to be turned off. I can get part of my blog and part of various things on the internet. I have no idea why my bank would be returning the autopay request. I will have to deal with that this afternoon. There is no reason to pay again and for whatever reason to have it rejected once again!

So, I will not be reading blogs or commenting. I cannot open them or comment. When I can blog again, I will tell you about crying at the orthopedist's office about 4 or 5 times.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having a bad day :( For learning Spanish have you checked out Duolingo? A lot of people like this program because you are learning from native speakers, plus it's free! https://www.duolingo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CoL,,
      I have heard about it and looked into it. It looked boring. I may go back someday. After three years of Spanish, two in hs and one in college, I don't want a class. I don't like the way language lessons are taught in a class. Thanks, though. No, I did not have a bad day today or yesterday. That was part of Monday that was unhappy.

      Delete
  2. Do you have a phone with apps? Duolingo for Spanish is free and fun and I fin it a good way to learn spanish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urspo,
    I have a phone with apps and checked Duolingo. It was a little boring. But, I may check it out again. Thanks. How are you coming learning Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a slow process. Thanks to Duolingo I can read fair but without anyone to speak with I can't speak it.

      Delete
    2. Urspo,

      Call a university and explain the dilemma. They may have a "Spanish table" where people practice speaking Spanish. Universities have "tables" for different ones.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.