Contact Me

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Maybe you think this is a silly thing to save?

It seems that mirrors are on many things, small mirrors. All sorts of makeup comes in compacts with a mirror--blush, foundation, and more.

While I don't buy many of these items with mirrors, I have a few that I save. These mirrors are not stuck in a box together. They are scattered about where I might need one.

In car right at my elbow in center console.
In table right at my elbow near my chair.
In my first aid kit.
In my little bag with meds.
In my alternate bag with meds.
In shelf in bathroom.
In a junk drawer in the kitchen.

All these are small and have been separated from the container of blush or whatever. I break the hinge! Of course, the items in my purse have their own mirrors, so there is not an extra mirror in my purse.

Somewhere, I received a mirror in a goody bag. It advertises a funeral home. I thought it was strange at first, but then I realized people cry and need to see what damage they have done to their makeup.

When I was younger and more mobile, I would go to the bathroom to look at my face. When in the car, I could use the mirror on visor. Now, I may need to get my face into the light, hence the mirror in console. I have a reason for each location!

Campers, hikers, survivalists all recommend a signaling device in the form of a mirror. Sooo, here you are, a free one. Use the one on a soon-to-be discarded makeup compact.

When you are through with makeup with a mirror, do you throw away the mirror with the product? Do you put the mirror or the whole makeup where you can use the mirror if needed?

4 comments:

  1. I completely spaced on keeping a small mirror in emergency supplies in case I might need to signal with it. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      You are welcome. You could even use it to look at yourself!

      Delete
  2. Great ideas to use what would be discarded. I like your observation about the mirror with the funeral home advertisement on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Thanks. I was surprised at the funeral home advertisement.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.