Contact Me

Monday, October 29, 2018

Losses

For some reason I made my semiannual trip to FB this weekend. As I read one friend's posts, I noticed she never said anything about her SO. When I guessed what happened, I googled his obit. He died two years ago.

Missing events on FB is okay, but this is the third friend I have lost that took me two years to figure it out. These were people I saw all the time until I sort of disappeared due to disability. He moved away.

Since they lived on St. George's Island off the Florida coast, I wonder how she made it through Michael.

My friend was a professor at UAB as was her SO. I never had her for a prof but at the end of my UAB experience, I took an education class from him. People were in awe that I knew professor so well as we discussed his apartment and things she owned, and got me to ask him if we could have a take-home test. He allowed it.

They lived in a loft, one of the first in downtown Birmingham. He died so young. All my friends die young! He was two years older than I.

I tried to hang clothes on the line this weekend, but due to wreck injury, I could not. Same with washing dishes--large things. The dryer takes so much electricity. However, since neither the heat nor ac are running, this month should be an all time low energy use month, I will be happy.

Although I have said I was going to plant onions, I did not until today.

I still have more garbage in the back yard to pick up. This activity calls for disposable gloves. When the garbage is strewn, I cannot get it all up at once.

Do you or did you ever have animals drag your garbage all over? I have a picture somewhere of my neighbor's garbage all over their yard, my yard, and the street. I cleaned my yard and street in front of my house. Neighbor's garbage stayed in their yard until time and weather and the wind made it appear less. Of course, the wind put lots of it in my yard, so I picked up neighbor's trash forever as it became my trash.

6 comments:

  1. Good Morning Linda,Next time you are out, why don't you get yourself a clothing rack you can set out back and let your clothes dry. This way you don't have to reach up. It is nice to have because you can also set it up in the house. I hope you continue to heal. Would you consider a chiropractor? Is it covered by your insurance? That saved me after my car accident.
    Barb in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unknown,
      First, I cannot afford a rack. Second, I could not get it out of house or move it around. Third, I will not put dark clothes out in the sun. I have wanted one for a long time.

      The doctor says no chiropractor because of the nature of injuries.


      Thanks, Barb.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Barb - a chiropractor is what helped me the most, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never met a doctor that liked chiropractors. They think they are not real medicos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that may be true. However, when a chiropractor says he cannot manipulate anything like my back because of the damage, I tend to believe him I cannot afford a chiropractor. Insurance will pay for physical therapy.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.