Contact Me

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Tuesday Free Lunch & New Chair



I slept two hours last night. ugh. So, I am literally batty today. Exbf came and we went to my bank to straighten something out that was not twisted, just my brain.

We went to the lunch. A group was meeting in our dining area. It seems there is a group of people with dementia that come together from 10 am to 2 pm in order to provide enrichment for them and respite for their caregivers. I volunteered, so that will be on the agenda.

Lunches have been better, but it was good. To make up for the lunch, I have pie and cake.

Then, we went to Lowe's and bought exbf a chair. He has sat in a lawn chair inside for about a year. None of my chairs or anyone else's chairs are right for him to get into and out of. He is worse, so I had a brainstorm while in Lowe's the other day.

Now, he has a barstool wicker chair. It is not exactly indoor furniture, but being wicker, plastic, of course, it looks better than the stuff that folds up and has the straps. I will call it patio furniture as Lowe's advertises it as such. He cannot sit down without great pain and effort. And, it is even worse for him to rise. So, this taller chair is better for him. It would kill me.

I almost killed myself getting the shorter wicker chair out of the house and the taller one in. Not having adequate sleep does not help my condition.

So, now I have three medium gray patio/lawn chairs outdoors. They were $50 reduced to $12.50. I bought two for outdoors and one for him to use inside. Well, I used his Lowe's credit card. This new one was full price of $50. Since he pays off the card quickly, this will work.

The patio chair actually looks nicer than the picture. It looks spindly in the picture but sturdy in real life.

I got it in the back yard when we came home. Then, I brought carrots to scrape while we got a bit of glorious sunshine and fresh air.

When I get up from here, I will put the carrots in a pan and put chicken breasts on them. While they cook I will make slaw.

You may not hear from me again tonight as I will sleep as soon as he leaves. And, don't ask why he does not have both hips replaced and both knees. He is afraid. He cannot go on like this and knows it.

And, this is not edited as I must put on dinner and it is almost 3 pm.

7 comments:

  1. The chair does look spindly in the picture, I'm glad you are happy with the real life version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      If I had only seen the picture, I would not have bought it. So far, we are happy with it.

      Delete
  2. Glad you now have something he will be comfortable using. Wasn't today a glorious day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Yes, I hated to see him struggle and hurt. Glorious! It could not have been better--no rain, flies, no mosquitoes, no sweat. And, the moon is beautiful tonight, clear and almost a full moon.

      Delete
  3. Good choice and you are a good friend to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam.
      I do hope as well as it seemed to do today. Thanks. I try to be a good friend to him. Yeah, I did not sleep because I am waiting on Modern Family.

      Delete
  4. What a good idea to get a bar stool for exbf. I am sure it is much easier for him to get in and out of. We all have to make adjustments as we get older and more things hurt. And I am with you about the surgery. Saying a prayer for him that he will be able to start getting his knees and hips in better shape.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.