Contact Me

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

My elbow skin problem--a puzzle

Let me say this has been a dreary day. I have been miserable because of the lack of sun. Maybe I am still very ill, but I feel just awful, another consequence of no sun. My limbs feel heavy. I feel lazy. Okay, enough of that. Now, for my "problem."

Believe me, this is a minor, yet baffling,  problem. I always have a rough elbow. When it becomes smooth, the other becomes rough. I never do anything to cause the rough elbow to become smooth.

The condition is not much visible according to my observations and comments from exbf. The roughness does not catch on clothing or anything. I only know my elbow is rough if I put my hand there and feel it.  I have seen people with elbows that were horribly wrinkled, gray-looking and calloused. I have no problem with people's elbows so there is no judgment in the appearance. I doubt mine will ever be that way. This is not an attempt to keep elbows looking good...lol.

The one elbow is not so rough. However, the other elbow is amazingly smooth. It is the switching back and forth between elbows that is baffling. I do not obsess over this and rarely notice or think of it. Today, I just thought I would mention the condition.

I don't spend my time putting lotion on the afflicted elbow. Occasionally, I do, but I am not obsessive or regular. Besides, it seems not to help.

When I was in school, leaning on desks, writing, leaning on library tables as I studied, this condition might not have been so baffling.

This was brought up to a dermatologist who was not interested at all. "Put lotion on it." My elbow was not the reason for the visit.

There has got to be an explanation as to why it switches elbows. Don't laugh!

Do you ever have this happen or know anyone who has same thing happen--roughness switching elbows? Do not suggest asking a doctor or putting lotion on it. The answer is beyond those two suggestions.

The switching of elbows, not the roughness, is the problem/question.  Okay, the elbows don't switch. The roughness goes from one to the other. Or, stops on one and starts on the other. just curious.

4 comments:

  1. That is very strange! I have never heard of anything quite like it. I had a teacher who always said that in biology there is always an exception. I think you have exceptional elbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Very strange. Exbf said if there is ever an exception to something in medicine, I will be the exception. Of course, I have exceptional elbows...lol.

      Delete
  2. I am thinking it is a food allergy. Not enough to have both elbows affected at once, but it will just pick an elbow.
    But it does seem very strange. I have a small allergy to peanuts, not bad at all, but I will get a small white head on the inside of my elbow, but not always the same elbow, when I eat too many peanuts. I don't eat them for awhile and the spot goes away. So that is just my idea of what could be causing it. Do you eat a lot of fish, or tuna?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I don't have an allergy to peanuts, just lots of other things. But, allergies is a great possibility, something that did not occur to me. No, I don't eat a lot of fish or tuna. I try not to eat more than a can of tuna every week, usually less.

      This does not itch, get really thick, or bother me in any way. It has just been a great puzzle.

      Thanks. That is a good idea about the allergy.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.