Contact Me

Saturday, February 10, 2018

I found a rock!

I went to Publix to find reduced Christmas ice cream and maybe some Thin Mint ice cream since it is that time of the year and someone, maybe sluggy, said it was on sale.

There is a station in Publix where a woman cooks and serves samples. She was not working at that time, so no samples. I was looking at the recipe she used today. I put my hand on the counter and was puzzled by a heart cookie decorated and sitting on the edge of the counter. I gingerly touched it. It was a decorated heart-shaped rock. Someone had taken a foam heart and put a heart sticker on it and glued it to the rock. It looked just like a Valentine cookie.

Finding the rock made me so happy. I imagine a little kid wanting to paint a rock and the mother saying, "let's just decorate one with stickers.

There was no clearance Christmas ice cream and no Thin Mint ice cream. At least I had something to bring home, make me smile, and forget how much I wanted ice cream. This is my second rock I have found. I lost the first one and was sorely disappointed.

Your turn
Have you found a painted/decorated left for someone to find rock lately? Or ever? Do you paint rocks and disperse them for people to find? Do you skip rocks on water? Tell me your rock story...lol...seriously.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks to a pun on my name, I have always been found of rocks. I have many lying about. I have a rock I painted back in 1968 for my grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      Wow, a 50 year old rock. That is sweet that you have something you made for your grandfather. I have several rocks around here, too. But, none are that special. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. We have many "special" rocks around here! Most of them were picked up on our camping travels years ago, with a few that contain little specks of tourmaline that we found near an abandoned mine. They are mostly lining the edges of flower gardens, so we can enjoy them every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kt,
      I only have one special rock here in the yard, a tale for another time. How nice you have rocks from your travels. And, the yard is the perfect place for a rock collection. The tourmaline must be very pretty. I knew there were good rock stories out there.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.