Contact Me

Monday, February 26, 2018

Laser Eye Surgery and Candy

Today, I sort of feel better, just tiring easily. I did nothing around the house or yard.

It took a trip to the bank and then inside to find out info. While there, I cashed a check that is a refund from ATT--$18.48. That's how much I saved per month by going to auto-pay.

I went to opthamologist  to have bubbles behind the lens zapped with laser. Once again, the laser sounds sounded just like shots in a video game. Little rings of color were also present in my eye I had to keep open. It is really sort of fascinating.  

While waiting in waiting room, the last lens fell out of my glasses. So, I was blind. Well, I could not entertain myself with reading. It made for a long office visit.

After a checkup to see that all is well, I am set. All I need to do after the checkup is go to get eyes tested and have lenses made for glasses. I am going to use my broken frames because I can find none I like.

The lost screw meant a trip to WM to get a screw put back to hold the frame around the lens. The woman acted like this was all new to her. Hopefully, she put the lens in straight.

I picked up a coupon that is worth $17, but cost me $6. It is a trip for two at DQ for 2 4-piece chicken fingers, fries, Texas toast, and small drink. I always save the Texas Toast for later. From now on, I am getting unsweetened tea instead of yucky Pepsi.

I found an Easter candy that is the best! And, it is only fifty-cents. It is a Russell Stover Coconut Cream Egg. The inside tastes like a Mounds bar, my favorite candy bar. The outside is dark chocolate, just like Mounds. Except, the Russell Stover dark chocolate is better and much thicker. It's a fifty-cent treat with 120 calories.

Since my one eye was dilated, it's difficult to even see to type. Tomorrow, I will have the worst headache ever from having my eye dilated.

By the way, I have the little eyeglass repair kit. However, I cannot see well enough to repair anything. And, this is the only pair of glasses I have. That will be rectified soon.

I have no idea how this could fill up a while afternoon! Well, it was six hours.

Have you been cruising the Easter candy as I have? Looking or buying?

6 comments:

  1. The Russell Stover eggs are my favorite Easter candy! I really like the coconut and strawberry eggs. I think they are so much better than the Reese's peanut butter eggs. We also enjoy the Russell Stover "Bunny Bucks" bars here. I will buy a bit of candy for my kids' baskets with Bonus Cash at Rite Aid before the holiday. The bulk of it, though, I will purchase after Easter, when it gets marked to 75% off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg b.,
      I don't think I have ever had these. I thought they were something new. I'll have to check out the bunny bucks bars. 75% off is a much better price.

      Delete
  2. I love the Russell Stover coconut cream eggs. This year I might have to get several and stick them in the freezer to have after whole 30 is over, but I honestly think I am going to take 2 days off and then begin it all over again. Maybe I will have one on the off day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Taking a day off won't hurt if you go right back. It seems you have been faithfully following whole30. The closer it gets to Easter, the scarcer these will be, so maybe buying a few ahead is a good idea. Exbf would have to put them in his freezer since I cannot be trusted.

      Delete
  3. I try to avoid the Easter candy but like you, I do love coconut so might have to get a RS coconut one. I usually splurge and order See's candy for the grands and maybe some for myself. Years ago I made candy eggs and delivered to friends and neighbors and a few years ago, I was into making cake pops. Now I have other things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nan,
    I love the See's chocolate and raspberry things, forgot what they are. I have always thought I would make cake pops, but never have. oh well, I have other things to do, too.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.