Contact Me

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

It was not because I am old!

If you are of any age, do you ever think younger people think you cannot do something because you are old and inept? Just because I walk funny does not mean my brain is not working.  Got it?

I was trying to get a combination lock open, but try as I might, I could not get it to work. So, I asked a woman about 27 to see if she could get it to open. Even though she tried for about 15 minutes, she could not get it open either.

A guy friend of 24 tried and tried and asked the combination over and over, thinking he had it wrong. Finally, he said he was going to get his girlfriend. She came in and opened it within 15 seconds of getting the combination! I was flabbergasted.

The point? It was not that I am old and inept with combination locks. Who knows why so many people could not get it to work. Their youth certainly did not beat being older.

My one chore today did not pan out. No, it was not the lock fiasco.  Enough said. It was a dreary day, no sun. Finally, about 11 am, the rain stopped.

I did other things that are not worth mentioning, even if I could remember what they were. lol Oh, I did return that combination lock and got my money back. Today, before the lock was finally removed, I did purchase a keyed lock in order not to ever have to try to get it open again.

My toes are cold!

Your turn
Have you figured that people think that when an item won't work for you it is because you are old? Or a woman? Or, an old woman? Then people figure out the item is defective?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. This happens all the time. Agesim and sexism pure and simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people won't admit it ever happens! It is annoying to have to convince people of things when the person "knows" better than the old woman.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.