Contact Me

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Now I know! Puppies, too

Tired

PM Thursday, I felt a bit tired, more tired than usual. Friday, I took a nap when exbf was here when I lay down just to rest. Friday night, I could not recover and became more tired by the minute. Saturday morning, I felt off and worse. I took a four-hour nap on Saturday afternoon and awoke finally knowing I was ill.

I could not keep my balance, felt woozy, stumbled on non-existent things, hands trembled doing things, dropped items or fumbled them. A trip to the doctor was in order. I knew it was a uti. I checked in at 4:30 and they close at 6 pm.

With a prescription awaiting me at WM, I got out of his office by 5:58. I have only had one dose, so I am still getting worse. (written Sat night) Now, I know why I felt so crummy for several days, why I have had no energy to plant onions or garlic.

Hair

About 2 am this Saturday morning after the Friday afternoon haircut, I finally looked at my haircut and combed my hair. He left a piece of hair about 2 inches long that grows right behind my ear, well it hangs there and is on my neck. I can feel and see many more places like that.

I figured out what he did. Picture this. He held my hair between two fingers with the 1/2 inch I wanted cut below his fingers. Then, he cut 1/2 inch above his fingers. That means he cut a full two inches from my hair! Unbelievable! Now I know what he did. It does not make me one bit happier, but I am not so baffled that an engineer did not know a half inch.

"Cut off a half inch." ???

It is Sunday PM and I have had two does of meds and it is time for another. Amazingly, I feel almost cured, but, of course, I will take all the meds. I keep thinking I am better, then try to do things. No, I feel a tiny bit better. Laundry is the only thing I am doing, it seems.

I wish it would quit raining! The temps are down from 80s to 53. Bummer.

Puppies

People park at Walmart with a sign on their cars...PUPPIES. I have to look. The first I saw were retriever/husky mix. There was cute on that was so furry, the only one who had long hair, they said. Of course, I have no fence, so I get no puppy. I won't have a dog in the house due to allergies. I just look.

The next Saturday, a car with husky/lab mix puppies was in the WM parking lot. Cute.The next week, a carload of puppies had a sign...$20. The first two cars had people all around and people were carrying them off. The third car had no one even looking. The only dog I ever had after divorce was a Border Collie, and that is what I want when I get one. I want to teach her the chickens are hers to guard and she can herd them.

Have the temperatures at your house fluctuated the last few days, like 30 degrees? My Border Collie herded me. Do you have or ever had a dog that herds? Can you tell me a story?

9 comments:

  1. The weather here is just like yours. Next weekend is supposed to be glorious though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    I hope I don't mildew away. I hope this is the last of this everlasting rain for a bit. People are talking arks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my kids were very small - a couple of them were toddlers - I had a full sized collie. We lived on a farm then, with a gravel road going past. Whenever the kids would wander toward the road, the dog would round them up and heard them back toward the house. He was a really good babysitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki,
      That sounds like a good dog babysitter. The dog we had would have gone right with them into the road.

      Delete
  4. We used to have an Australian Shepherd who would herd the kids while they played or rode their bikes. He was the sweetest dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australian Shepherds are nice dogs. I suppose he provided you comfort to know he stayed with them.

      Delete
  5. I can not bear looking at puppies as I want to take them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      It took all I had to drive away. But, I have no fence.

      Delete
  6. We had a labrador x kelpie. The kelpies are a herding dog but he never herded us. he did have a total fascination for chasing birds which is apparently a breed characteristic.
    My aunt has some kind of european herding dog who became distressed when she was unable to keep her humans in a group

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.