Contact Me

Friday, February 2, 2018

More List

I will publish the whole list. Right now, I am too exhausted. And, it is cold in here.

One thing I accomplished today was lowering my phone bill. By having it automatically deducted from my bank account, I save over $20/month from here on out. At the ATT store, I put my phones, debit card, driver's license on the table and sat there while the young guy worked to make it happen. If I had done it over the phone, it would have been such a hassle.

Groceries today: a bag of Haloes and an avocado.  The kind of lettuce I wanted at WM was gone. Since it is Friday and the first of the month, it disappeared. Early tomorrow, I will go back and buy it before it disappears again. So, tomorrow will be orange juice, lettuce, and bananas.

When I got med refills, I left one off as I do not like the side effects. Since I take some OTCs, I got those, too.

My new debit card did not work with the pin I tried to use. The ATT guy suggested just using it as credit card. I did. Then, I decided that might be the wrong thing to do. Exbf thought I should get to the bank and straighten it out. Ha! I was a block from bank and was going to confess. The woman said it was not a problem and changed my pin to one I want.

I even used the debit card for gas. It makes me nervous I might not write a transaction down. So, I stopped and wrote down all four transactions on my debit card today. I have never used a debit card before. I can see how this might be dangerous. It is so easy!

Now, the list must be reworked, checking things off and adding more. I may never get this list finished. Things seem out of control since I was ill so long and delaying regular dr visits and cancelling appointments and tests.

I need to turn up the heat since I am freezing and sneezing.

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and we will, according to his prediction, have another six weeks of winter. I was hoping to go by Birmingham Bill's prediction, but he saw a shadow, too! It was sunny here. Still, I refuse to believe winter is still with us for so long. Stupid groundhog!

Do you have bills on auto pay? Does it work for you? Problems? Do you believe we will have six more weeks of winter? Let's rebel.





12 comments:

  1. I used to have bills on autopay and it was wonderful! Those days I always had enough to cover the bills so it was great because I never had to think abou tthem. These days I need to manage cashflow a bit more so no autopay.

    I have had a debit card since I left school. If you overspend on it you have to stand in a shop looking silly one day when it gets declined but so long as you think about how you spend, the way you would with cash, they make life a lot easier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I have never wanted one until now. Now, I can get phone service at a discount for autopay. Believe me, I intend to use it no more. Yesterday, I used it five times and forgot one because I did not write it down at that moment. With a check or cash, that never happens.

      Delete
  2. Yes, almost everything I pay is autopay but on my credit card. I have to pay my property taxes online or in person (they charge extra for credit) and my insurance- car, health house by check. I hardly ever sue my debit card but still good to have one. I used to reconcile every morning when I get up like now. I still check my bank and charge card every single day. It just becomes a habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      The phone is the only thing on autopay and I want to keep it that way! Most other things are variable from month to month and I don't want the wrong amount pulled out of my bank. Until I was using a borrowed computer, I checked my bank online every day. I love online banking.

      Delete
  3. We used to use a debit card until we cancelled a service and the company kept charging us using the debit card info. Our credit union cancelled the debit card, reversed the charges and issued us a new debit card. We don't use it.

    We almost exclusively use a charge card and I check the charges on line once a week. I keep all receipts and match them to the charges.

    We pay our bills on-line thru our credit union. Most of our bills are paperless so we just get an e-mail when the bill is due. We only have three bills that are automatic paid bills: the newspaper, Comcast, Netflix. We know what & when these will be charged and check them a couple of days after the due date. Oh, and we pay the charge card bill in entirety every month. We have limits to our spending so checking weekly keeps the spending in check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of that happening. I would really hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few bills set up on auto pay and the rest I go online and pay each month. I use my debit card for just about every purchase and rarely have cash in my wallet, usually about $20 is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will get to the point I will use the debit card most of the time. It sound like you are paying the easiest way possible. Someday, I will, too. I hate having to write checks because people behind me are so antsy. I have not mailed out a payment in years since I can usually pay over the phone. Thanks for the information.

      Delete
  6. In AZ we want more weeks of winter to forestall the inevitable hot temps of spring and summer.
    What did you do with the avocado?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      No one here has ever wanted more winter...lol. The avocado is still on the counter where I watch it to be ripe enough to use. I may put it on my chicken or turkey when I eat it. I may make guacamole. I love avocado. However, I rarely buy one.

      Delete
  7. We use our debit card almost exclusively. Superman checks the credit union balance regularly, and that's how we keep it under control. He also has many things set up on auto-pay. He handles the $$$ and keeps me informed. It works for us. If you can check your account balance easily, that makes a big difference. At least at our CU, charges to the card appear almost instantly so we can keep track easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can check my account online again when I get my computer back. I don't want to put anything like that on this loaner. I have found charges show up quickly, more quickly than checks. I have one more thing to put on auto-pay. Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.