Contact Me

Friday, February 16, 2018

Girls of Dragon Valley

Edifice Rex

I hope Mama Hen does not mind I borrowed her photo to promote her calendar.
MamaHen, Thank you. 

Wednesday, as we came home from the doctor, I was surprised by a box by my back door. Even though exbf was waiting in the car, I had to open it.

It was a calendar by MamaHen, Girls of  Dragon Valley.

It had twelve pictures of beautiful hens. My Dominique named Dominique that I gave her last Fall was Ms. December. She is a very photogenic chicken and her shoot was tastefully done.

The post in the link also has a picture of Dominique at the bottom. She is a very fat hen.

5 comments:

  1. That's nice! I bet you miss the chickens but not the work. I'd love a fresh egg- I don't think I have ever had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      I do miss the chickens and the eggs. The work I did was not too hard since exbf did the stuff I could not. Mostly, I need someone to rake pine straw for the boxes and put it on the ground. The water is situated nearby, so that does not have to be carried. The hose stays stuck in the chain link fence.

      I will be getting chicks this spring. But, I think I have found someone I can enlist to help out in exchange for eggs.

      You need a fresh egg!

      Delete
  2. Hey Linda! No, I don't mind you borrowed the photo! I'm glad you enjoyed the calendar. I had a lot of fun making it and it's been very popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MamaHen,
      My exbf was here. He had spent lots of time with her, so he was pleased to see her. You take really good chicken pictures. Are these calendars still for sale?

      Delete
  3. Thanks! It took a LOT of photos to find 12 to make the cut for the calendar. Yes, they are still for sale.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.