Contact Me

Friday, February 2, 2018

The List

After working to complete the list of things I needed to do on Wednesday, I slept for 12 hours. On Thursday, I started over again on the list and felt worse on Thursday night. Things are getting done, so yay for me.

I tried to get out the back door and almost fell over a huge box. The replacement Crockpot came before I even sent the other one back. I am overwhelmed by Crockpots and assorted parts here. I took the new one out of the box to see it was all there and not broken. However, I am going to put it back in the box and just use the small one I bought. This one will be there when something happens to the small one.

Maybe I solved a problem today, and I will have less in expenses. Keep your fingers crossed.

I have upped my consumption of leafy green stuff and lowered my bread consumption. Did you know that a huge leaf of Leaf Lettuce will work instead of bread or pasta? On Wednesday night I did not eat late or early in the morning as I usually do.

Maybe you remember--I have two swings and three benches in my I/3 acre yard so I can sit anywhere. As I leaned against the car so long, I made a note to put a bench near that side of the front yard. I did not want to sit under the trees in the dark or I would have gone to the other side of the yard to sit. If I had thought of it, I could have moved a lawn chair to sit in. But, that would hurt my back. Of course, my back hurts worse now since I had to stand. None of the three benches were new. Two were given to me.  A no-cost bench is what I need.

Friday morning, I will continue to work on the list.

7 comments:

  1. Checking off items on my to-do list always makes me happy - hope it does that for you too.

    I have used a large lettuce leaf as a wrap instead of a flour wrap and it works altho a bit messy as it doesn't absorb the sauce. However I don't understand how a large lettuce leaf can be used instead of pasta. Would you explain please?

    I'm sure the explanation is simple but I just can't get it this AM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not using it as a wrap. I just eat it instead.

      Delete
  2. Lists are great things.I made mine last night and am getting several things knocked off of it this morning. (Cooking/freezing blitz)
    I make lettuce wrap sandwiches often, but still have to eat them with a knife and fork because they are messy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I have not cooked in three days, just eating what is cooked. I will have to get back to cooking soon. I plan to make ground chicken and ground turkey into something for exbf. I will not eat ground poultry. I have a plan to make a wrap with long slices of firm turkey breast and just add a bit of Miracle Whip so nothing will be runny. If I were making something that would run, knife and fork would be mandatory since I dislike my food running down to my wrists.

      Delete
  3. Shredded cabbage or spiralized zuchini work “in place of” pasta. I do it all the time, due to food allergies. Just drain really well or you have soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti,
      I love zucchini and so does exbf. I saute it and put it spaghetti. He is in heaven. We both are diabetic. I have been looking at spriralizers in WM and at Belk and online. At WM there is a cheap one that calls for lots of wrist action, which I don't have. Exactly what do you use to spiralize? Somehow, I will have something by this spring to do the job. My children even loved zucchini while none of their friends did. LOL, I remember what happens when you don't drain zucchini and put it in a casserole! Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Okay, lost my reply. Patti, exactly what do you use to spiralize? I have been browsing in Belk, WM, and online. there is a cheap one at WM that requires too much wrist strength and action. So, it is out. I love zucchini and so did my little children.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.