Contact Me

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Wednesday: Pooped

However, I am not disheartened. My finger feels so much better. I have done too much and there is more to do. AND, my TV went out as soon as the tire was fixed.

The second hen is done. The dressing is mixed and waiting on cranberries, meat, and celery to go inside. I am using cranberries I dehydrated, fresh celery, and meat from the first and second hen. Then, it has to bake.

I used two boxes of Stove Top Stuffing--cornbread variety and turkey variety, two cans of Campbell's soup--cream of celery and cream of chicken. Because my finger is disgusting, I did not want to be breaking up cornbread. the doctor heard me say something about that to the two nurses. He raised his voice and told me not to get food in the finger because it could get worse. I had not planned to make this, just regular dressing. But, he likes this and it will not involve chopping so much celery or breaking of cornbread.

Exbf will get a pan of this, a can of cranberry sauce, some whole sauce I made. He hates the gravy, so I can make that later for me.

My TV was working one minute and the next it was not. Sooo, no parade, no Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, no news. J said she would try reprogramming it. I hope I do not need a new antenna. Want to place bets? I say I need a new antenna. I have used a $100 antenna for around four years, maybe more. I suppose I got my money's worth.

Walmart was a madhouse, a madhouse, I tell you. I had to go get two prescriptions for my finger. Otherwise, I would never have gone.

Now, I have to go wash my hair. Maybe I will cut my bangs.

Did anyone brave a grocery store today?


12 comments:

  1. I went to the grocery store today and it was crowded but they had all the registers open so they were moving people like crazy! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      They actually had more registers than usual going. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. I avoid the stores at all costs the day before Thanksgiving. I will go early in the morning.
    I hope your finger feels better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      I had to go for my prescription. My finger looks and feels so much better. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I went to three stores today to find peanut oil for the turkey fryer. I was successful, and I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. patti,
      ugh, I am thankful you got it. Even the parking lots were chaotic, worse than Christmas.

      Delete
  4. I went to Save A Lot for a pint of ice cream- not crowded but that store never is. My nephew has requested pumpkin pie so guess I'll be making one soon. No one much cares for it- I'll eat a sliver- but it's easy to make. I'm glad you got something for your finger- sometimes we need an antibiotic. I facetimed with my GD in California- she's 3 and a 1/2 and such a cute age. I won't be seeing her until February if I plan a trip out there. I wish I liked traveling more. Happy Thanksgiving, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      We like Pumpkin pie so much that mama made one for each member of the family--7. That is a cute age. Is it that you do not like to fly? I suppose no matter how you travel to CA, it is still across the continent from you. Happy Thanksgiving, NAN.

      Delete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Linda. So glad your finger is better.

    We avoid all shopping from the day before Thanksgiving until Monday and then only because we have Dr's appts and will need some groceries so will combine those errands.

    I was appalled when i saw the list in the paper of when stores would be opening - many on Thanksgiving at 6pm. It will be a zoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellenm
      Thanks, me too. It was horrid! I have to go back to dr on Sat to have it checked. That is how bad it was/is.

      , FridayI will wander down to WM about 6 or 7 pm and see the chaos caused by the day. There will be few people in the store, but the store will be a wreck.

      Delete
  6. Yes, at 6AM
    it was already looking vexed.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.