Contact Me

Friday, October 6, 2017

Bargains--Food and Otherwise

Since I always check Publix markdown racks, I find bargains often. A Mr. Coffee teapot was marked 2/$14.95, making it $7.50.  The next time I was in WM, the cheapest teapot was nearer $20. So, I returned to Publix and purchased a teapot. It is candy apple red, not my preferred color, but certainly acceptable. I won't pay another $12 for a different color.

At Publix I found Kraft Parmesan Cheese canisters, 2/$6. Since these are usually $3.89 at WM, I bought two canisters. Unfortunately, I had no coupons.



Warehouse Discount Grocery had Kraft chunk cheese, 8 ounces, for $2. This is as good as I can usually get when price-matching. I bought three. These are $2.89 in WM and higher at other stores.

Walmart has 42 ounce canisters of Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats for $3.98. Usually, the same product is close to $5, about $4.89.  Since I had a coupon for $1 off two canisters of 42 ounces of oats, I saved a bit more. I actually bought 6 boxes, figuring this will last me all winter. I will put all this in Ball jars, and freeze for three days, storing it in the cabinet. This way, no bugs will hatch that were in there when I purchased it.

Plus, afterward someone gave me two of the 18 ounces canisters of Quaker Oats. Yay me! I eat hot oats all year long. However, this winter I will have a bowl each day.

In WM a guy was giving out free samples--10 ounce bottles of Downy Fabric Softener. WOW, such a large size. Usually, these type products have free samples that are a little pouch, about twice the size of a catsup packet. I don't use fabric softeners, even free bottles, so I will give this to someone.

An organization gave me two gift cards, one for $50 and another for $25, to help with the cost of going to doctor for cancer--tests, surgery, and checkups. There was valet parking that was not free most of the time. I had to supply drivers with money for the valet parking. At other times, I had to give gas money. This $75 will help plug that hole in my wallet.

What freebies or bargains have you received lately?

4 comments:

  1. It is fun to find freebies or great bargains. I have not been out looking for many lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      You are correct. I is fun. The best part of each of these was that I was in the three stores, looking for something else. These just showed up!

      Delete
  2. I am very bad at looking out for bargains. I tend to buy something because I want it/need it rather than it was on sale. Help help here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      When I buy something on sale, when I need it, it is still on sale in my house. I know I will need certain things, so I buy them only when on sale and keep until it is needed. This is a skill that must be honed.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.