Contact Me

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Thanksgiving Gone, Christmas Music Here

 


I thought I started a new post. That must have been in my head! I had something to write about, but it has left my brain. Maybe if I ramble along, it will come back. I snoozed in my chair during the news. 

 All the Thanksgiving food is gone except for part of the turkey breast. I still have the thawed turkey in a pot in the refrigerator, so it will be baked tomorrow. Thankfully, Tommy is willing to take the meat off after I rip off the breast. I made such a little bit of gravy that I may make more gravy. However, coleslaw and green beans will be eaten instead of Stove Top and green bean casserole. 

My goal was to get Thanksgiving/Fall put away the day of Iron Bowl, Saturday, but I wanted Tommy to help. I did it myself. It is all gone and in two orange Rubbermaid type boxes. Now, to tackle the red boxes. 

I just cannot bend to dust. Sunday he used the Libman duster. It needs to be longer. When I pointed out he missed a table top, he said it was stuff stuck on. I think it was the residue that gas heat leaves along with dust. This is the dustiest place ever. So, I took a wet cloth and finally got it off. 

Saturday night, I told him what to do to six-foot long bookcase that is less than three feet tall. Useless piece of furniture! Sunday, before I got up, he had cleared one end off but did not dust it...??? There is junk on the end nearest him. 

Monday night late, after dark he covered up the plants outdoor with two sheets. I took the Libman duster out to shake and whack on the ramp railing. When he came in he said it scared him. I suppose I should have said something first. But, the duster is ready for him to dust the top of the bookcase which I cannot reach because of his junk in the floor! 

I noticed when I put out Halloween decorations on the bookcase near the door, a little short bookcase, too, but not long, he started suddenly to sort and clean off the bookcase. So, I may put out Christmas on his two bookcases and let him clean around them. 

The uti lingers. I have had an earache for a year or so, better some time than others. Okay, it has been two years. Now, it is almost unbearable! Plus, my back and kidney still ache. The fall did not help me at all. It might have contributed to the earache becoming so unbearable. I did land on the left side and barely hit my head. 

Today, I found out that my primary care doctor got a wheelchair. Yay!

Tonight, we had chicken/rice/broccoli from before Thanksgiving. We added green beans. I should have had some slaw, too. This weekend I put the package of chicken breasts in the crockpot on high and they were done so I could freeze them. These were the ones for which we paid $1.99/lb. When I have baked chicken, I can take it with me in the car so I don't get hungry and eat fast food. I had Tommy tear me off a piece, I sliced cheese and he put in one of the brown and serve rolls. That beats a cheeseburger for my health and is cheaper, too, although he never minds the cost. 

The next time the temp gets up to 70F, and it will, the lemon tree will spend the day outdoors. I am going to buy a grow light for the two citrus trees. Maybe I will just leave it inside and hurry to get a gro-light

Right after Halloween, Tommy found Christmas music on 96.5 FM here in Birmingham. So, I have been enjoying that on the run up to Halloween. The holidays will be gone too soon, it appears. 

I broke down and bought store-packaged pecans and they are good, not all dried out. I bought South Georgia Pecans at Publix for right at $10/lb. That is actually cheap. The ones at the flea market were almost that much for a sandwich bag full. These are great for a healthy snack.  Now, I will make a pecan pie and make the pecans unhealthy. I have not made or eaten pecan pie in over five years, maybe more. I won't gobble it down and will severely restrict other carbs! As of today, I am going to more actively try to lose weight! They may have been bogo. Maybe not. I cannot find the receipt right now.

Are you on a weight-loss journey?

Have you found a station to listen to Christmas music?

Have you decorated yet for Christmas? Or, maybe started?




4 comments:

  1. I have been playing Christmas music since the day after Halloween lol. Most of the decorations are up in the house, I do keep moving them around a bit to find the better place for them.
    I am always thinking about losing weight, but emotional eating gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Do you find a radio channel, too? The emotional eating I understand too well. sigh
      I sometimes move things to get it just right.

      Delete
  2. I don't even think about weight loss during the holidays! Too many goodies. No decorations yet - I will do something in a few days. I can get holiday music all the time with the music on cable. There are many music channels and holiday is one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I can lose weight during the holidays. Once, I lost 46 pounds from Sept to first of January. Tommy would probably not get a music channel on cable.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.