Contact Me

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Popcorn and Car

 Saturday was a rough day. I jumped up late and rushed to the bathroom and almost fell into the space between the commode and the sink area, EMTs would have had to bring a crane to get me out of there. In the meantime, I had left my glasses in the bedroom and my phone. 

We rushed off the Publix to get the bogo pint freezer bags, and they did not come in today as they were supposed to do. So, we have another rain check.

The car runs so rough! I rode in it the mile to Publix, turned it off in the parking lot, rode home and I was sick. The quivering in my chest continued for six or more hours. I had slept another 8.5 hours, so I should have felt well. I told Tommy to rent a car so I could get to doctor alive. I could not handle 20+ miles of the rough ride. I also told him one of us is getting a car and sell the one we have. Both of us needs a new car. He just refuses to have this car repaired. He bought some sort of additive, but the car is not better. 

Saturday night, he surprised me. He found the popcorn for air fryers that I bought 3 years ago, and he refused to let me pop for him to try, saying he likes the bags to microwave.  He said, "This Orville Redenbacher bottle of popcorn was on the table. I have seen it there and decided to pop it." I told him I bought that and he refused to eat it if I popped it. He has no recollection of yelling about that 'plain popcorn' and saying he wanted to microwave bags of tasty popcorn. Orville Redenbacher comes in a plastic bottle. I put it in a quart, wide-mouth fruit jar and taped the label on it. 

I never had an air popper, just bought the best popcorn and used the microwave. 

He did not even put salt or butter on popcorn tonight. He has sworn he won't eat it plain. And, he did. I prefer unsalted and unbuttered popcorn. 

The other day, I stopped on the ramp corner and asked Tommy what a plant was. Blackberries! The canes are about three feet long. This was from a long cane on the plant we bought this spring. He put four pieces of can in a pot. Two took off. Maybe the other two will next spring. 

I had asked him to prune the flowers we are putting in the utility room. He did prune one when he broke the scissors. I bought pruning shears and he did not use them. I wanted him to prune on or two flower  flower pots a day until they were done. Oh, NO. Then, today, he said the plants were too wet and he would get wet. So, he will do them eventually. I did remind him that this was the first wet day in over two months. Maybe we will have more dry days. When I say 'wet,' I mean mist. It may have rained somewhere but not in this town. 

Tomorrow, he is getting up very early to call and rent a car. Otherwise, I cannot get to the doctor on Monday. I suspect we will have a new car by the end of the week. He cannot get into mine easily. He struggles, then cannot drive it as he sits wrong in the seat. It is almost impossible for me to get in and out of my car, especially out. I don't feel like driving anyway. 

Can you eat popcorn with no seasoning? What seasoning do you prefer? 

Do you have trouble getting in or out of a car because of the low seat as opposed to a higher seat in a van or SUV?


2 comments:

  1. I like popcorn salted and buttered. Maybe even cheese.
    I will never have another 'car' - as I don't like feeling like I am climbing out of something. I love the ease of an SUV. Turn around and sit!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I like popcorn at the theater with salt and butter. But, at home i don't put anything on it. I think it tastes great.
      The last time I got into and out of my car, I said 'never again.' My back hurts too much now. I did love a car until about two months ago...lol.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.