Contact Me

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

I Cracked the Code with Amazon

 I placed an order with Amazon and somehow I ordered something that came in a set of 2. The resulting order was $55 more than I expected. And, I wanted to complain about a thrown package, and my hair color was crushed once again. Another item was ruined from the factory. 

On Sunday night I tried to rectify these and complain. However, the Amazon agent could not find my telephone number or my email connected to any Amazon account. She insisted! I gave up. 

Monday night, I tried again and was told the same thing--twice. Finally, I decided on a new strategy.

Anything I was asked by the automated agent who said he could understand me, I only had one response. 

My response--"United States agent" It worked, sort of. The guy was in Colombia but a citizen of the US who was working for Amazon. That call saved me $74. And, he commented several times that I was a nice person.

Since I have not been able to find someone to clean who does not demand to know the square footage of the house or wants to bring a team of four people to get it done in one day, I decided on another tactic. I am going to call a church and see if there is anyone who will help. And, I will make it clear I will pay, want to pay, and insist on paying. I will just keep calling churches and make it clear I do not want it done free or someone with a business.

I want to pay a good price and the person cleaning to get it all. One woman was so efficient, good cleaner, and all around good worker that we gave her $18/hour even though she came for $15/hr. Of course, Tommy will pay for it. I don't want a woman to work and get $7.50/hour, if even that. 

If they live too far away, we will pay $10 for the gas. We will not take advantage. 

On Monday night we had our first rain of more than hundredths of an inch in a couple of months. I am not sure this will end our drought. Maybe it will lower the odds for fires. Wow, maybe more than two inches of rain. That will be a novelty around here lately. 

Usually, November is dreary, damp, and depressing. I suppose we had 19 days of pretty weather, so I cannot complain. 

Tuesday

It is dreary and dry. This kind of dreary depresses me and makes me groggy. I have a list of calls to make, so I better slog through that. 

Okay, Tommy made the roux for gravy. Only, I called it white sauce and then had him brown it. The only thing not made is dressing. We may just have Stove Top Dressing. 

Tonight, I took two casseroles large enough for two huge bscb each. I added 'no salt added" Cream of chicken soup to Tommy's and cream of mushroom soup to mine. The soup is so bland. I added a tsp each of garlic powder and onion powder to each, broccoli to both, and jar of pimiento to mine. I forgot to put cheese in mine, so I am slicing it thin for my portion, Tommy hates cheese on chicken, hates cheese in rice! 

Each casserole had to be put on baking pan. We had to use a pan for each since they were so heavy.  In an hour we can eat. Yum. And, there will be another meal, most likely for Wed night since we have a daylong chore on Wednesday. Actually, we will probably get four meals from each casserole because the breasts are huge. 

I have garlic and onions. But, it is so much easier spoon in powder. I never did this before the last two years. 

It seems that there is lots of drama next door. Dogs bark incessantly. I think I talked about a huge fire in the carport during a burn ban. Yesterday as we pulled into the driveway, Tommy said there was a detective in one vehicle and a policeman and police car in front of their house. Well, it appears on of the fathers was picking up a child for visitation. On Monday? The father had his arms crossed and looked grim or angry. The policeman did not interact with anyone and stayed right by his car. Obviously, there is a problem. I would prefer to think the father was causing a problem, but that would be unfair. 

The two children ran to the car and put their things inside. Then, a child still in the house who was obviously not leaving came out to hug one of the children leaving. Then, the mother twice hugged her children as they left. Of course, we will never know the particulars because we would never ask. That mother is hostile to us. 

She is the mother who made her child run for punishment until he cried and was begging to stop. Plus, she pushed his face forward and pushed him along and would not let him speak to me in Publix. Mean woman. 

AND, their cat has always sat and walked all over my car. Well, since it is cooler, it warms up on Tommy's car. Plus, it has decided sitting on the table on the front porch is the thing to do. Grrr...

Dinner should be done in less than an hour. It will be interesting to see how the lack of sodium affects the taste. We are saving over 800 mg of sodium in each dish of two meals, so over 400 mg in the meal.

The rain that covered the state missed this county. We had less than half an inch while north part of the state had over two inches, and south part of state had over four inches in some places. 

It seems things are more difficult with Amazon. At least, I figured out the system even if late. Have you found the same and had problems? 

Do you have a neighbor who seems to attract or cause drama? 

4 comments:

  1. Smart fix to get Amazon to work right.
    Oh yes, I have a neighbor - will not say what he did, but it was awful stuff. Finally got that stopped and he is quiet - but he thinks I am the 'devil'. Oh well.
    Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I could think of no other way to get to English speaking person. Not quite sure why I did not show up for people oversees. Some neighbors!!
      Have a great Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. Back 25 years ago when I worked for Kraft Foods we came out with a Stove Top Supreme. It had fancy varieties and it came in a gold box with scroll lettering. The thing was that it had the sodium reduced by 1/2. It flopped big time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      You are back!
      I was not using SS 25 years ago, so I don't remember that. I suppose I started using SS less than 15 years ago, but not all the time. But, putting it all in a colander certainly got rid of so much sodium. I make it better by putting in rubbed sage. Interesting that it flopped.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.