Contact Me

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

I Forgot the Best Part

 As I approached the electric cart the clerk brought me, I was shocked. There by the back wheel was a shiny, new dime. 

I did not sleep well or long Monday night, took an early nap from 10:30 am to 1 pm, got up and just quit running at about 6:30 pm. 

We cleaned out lots of leftovers for dinner. Tommy had the last thigh I thawed last week along with slaw, black-eyed peas, potatoes, carrots, and Brussls sprouts. I had the last pork chop, half a carrot, 1/2 small potato, Brussels sprouts, slaw. I suppose the only difference in our dinner was he had a thigh and I had pork chop. 

Tommy's car is making a huge sputtering noise and shaking. He said it might be trash in the gas tank that was now in the engine. The car shook me until I was exhausted. I don't know if he is going to take it in or just wait until something is ruined or until it quits running. My whole body hurts from the jarring thar lasted three hours. 

Amazon or an Amazon pretender emailed me, asking if I had placed an order while near Washington, US. It seems the order was cancelled. I hope so. I had ordered something not an hour earlier. I ordered something two weeks ago. I wanted two items. However, each box had two pieces, so, essentially, I have four when I wanted two. I did the same thing this time. Thankfully, it is something I can use two. 

Tommy was commenting yesterday that there are no birds. Usually, we see so many when sitting in the car. I suppose they all flew south. When he put my lemon tree out, he said three pollinators were happy to see it. 

I was in a big box store and made a shortcut that just happened to go by a 20' display of birdseed. There were a dozen flour moths or kitchen moths fluttering about the bags. Anyone who buys a bag of birdseed will take home pantry moths. Be careful. Freeze the whole bag first or leave it outdoors. I suppose you could empty the bag into gallon freezer bags, freeze it for three days and then bring indoors. 

Are there birds still at your house?

4 comments:

  1. Tons of birds of all sorts at my house. Even birds that shouldn't be here at this time of the year. Robins have usually left my area by August - and they are still a few around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      All the little birds are usually flitting about. I don't think they migrate. It is eerie.

      Delete
  2. The only birds I'm seeing now are ravens and the occasional bald eagle

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.