Contact Me

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Halloween Lingers

 Elephant's Child, I cannot post your comment or reply to it. Sorry, not ignoring you. 

So, no one has found me? Can you not comment or just not reading my post. Tell me at lgd113@yahoo.com if you can read and if you can or cannot post. Thanks.

It is a slow start to decorating even minimally for Thanksgiving. The mums and big fake pumpkin are still out, plus the fall leaves. I had an orange watering can with black roses and orange peonies behind the three candles. So, I needed something else back there. Today, I bought a colorful turkey about ten inches high made of a very light something. 

I may get out all the tiny pumpkins and put them in a glass bowl with the leaves. I wanted a large cornucopia, but do not want to spend the money. Then, decorating is done. 

Okay, it is more than one Halloween item. In the grab bag I bought, there was a box of bright yellow pumpkins. I thought they were window stick-ons. No. Then, I thought they were to stick onto clothing or sew on. But, after picking them, trying to figure them out, I think they are iron-ons for clothing. I will wait until next year to figure it out.

Then, there was a package with a picture of three sunglasses-like items. No. Inside were a dozen pairs of cardboard glasses that looked like masks. Next year, I will post a picture. 

Third item was a banner that I thought would say HAPPY HALLOWEEN. But, there was a "U" in the mix of loose letters. There was a long ribbon to thread through the little holes at the top. So, there are three items to use next year or give away. It is all packed away, never to see the day of light until next year. 

All my plants are done. Now, we have to put the sleeping babies in the utility room. The lemon trees have been indoors for two days. They go back out tomorrow for a few days of high temps and sunshine. 

Something happened that never happened before. I ran out of bananas and apples on the same day. Horrors! So, they are on a list for Saturday. Exciting, huh? A peach sounds good. 

Saturdays we work around Auburn football and often include Alabama. Saturday, I have a list. Cook blackeyed peas, bake 9 bscb, buy apples and bananas, repair a necklace, make a return, buy a commode brush. Auburn plays Vanderbilt at 3 pm, so we need to get this done beforehand. It will be too dark early to do it afterwards. He plans to watch Alabama and LSU. Maybe I will bake something with the Granny Smith apples. 

What are your Saturday plans? 

9 comments:

  1. My comment on your last post is there.
    I have found that (sometimes) when a blog refuses to let me comment or reply that changing browsers helps. And sadly (because I like to reply to comments individually) changing the comment format to pop-up means that more people can comment. And I had to go from Firefox to Chrome to get this comment to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC,
      I saw that as soon as I posted. ugh! What can I do to make this friendlier to commentors? Thanks.

      Delete
  2. You should also clean up your cookies--that usually helps.
    No one can find you here because there's no pointer to this old blog from moreparsimony. The only way I found you was that I clicked on a live link from a comment you left in another blog. That took me to your profile, with the link to your old blog. I clicked on it just for the heck of it--and lo and behold I found you here.

    I'm sure your readers stuck at moreparsimony are seriously worried about you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I am glad you found me. What blog did you find a live link? I cannot get onto the other blog, so no way to leave a pointer. Thanks. Can you leave something on your blog? Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Linda, I don't have a blog, so I can't leave a link. I see Chef Jules tried to post a link, but it's not live yet. When you leave comments on other blogs, let people know you're back at your old blog, and leave the URL for them to cut/paste.

      Delete
  3. Here's a comment :) So, did you get a new laptop to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Thanks. No, this is the seriously old one. I am not sure what happened.

      Delete
  4. Cooking and All that Jazz has a live link - was wondering where you were but this showed up in her feed (and I had no problem commenting from Chrome)

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.