Contact Me

Monday, December 8, 2014

I Found It

porcelain
 
 

My dish on the back of the commode broke several years ago. Of course, I kept looking for  a replacement. It is almost perfect. The perfect part is that it cost me a quarter.

It was perfect after I removed the ribbon. It only took two years of sporadic visits to yard sales to get an inexpensive replacement for a little gift that was useful. I really like the shape, especially the fact that the height is between sauce and bowl depth. I did not thing to take a picture at another angle.

I did not approach every yard sale with this at the forefront of my mind. This was just something I knew I needed and would find eventually. Some things are still on my yard sale/thrift store list...lol.

Your turn
Have you ever casually looked for a replacement that was not retail price and finally found your target?

2 comments:

  1. Linda I must have missed the original post that spoke of your porcelain dish.

    I haven't a clue about yours but I have one in my kitchen that in the past I used to post a daily saying, or announce a special guest . For the past several months mine has simply said EBAY. I do remember that you had a bad ebay experience but for me ? So far so good! Well, unless we count that big fat negative that I received this past week ..(.It was my fault) Tonight I have nothing bad to say about EBay! Tonight I LOVE eBay and the windows it opens to people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I ever mentioned the original dish.

      Ebay is a good thing, don't get me wrong. It is just not for me after that one bad experience.

      Will you email me a picture of your dish? I like your idea for using it.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.