Contact Me

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Strange Dream or Reality?

On Monday night/Tuesday morning, I set the alarm to get up and go to the lunch. It seemed the alarm went off all night long and I was continually hitting the snooze button or just turning off the alarm. Finally, at 9:15, I looked at the clock, ready to get up. I had set the clock for 8:51, so maybe the alarm had gone off at the earlier time. I have no idea.

I made the decision not to go to the lunch and changed my mind about 10 times. However, once I had gone to the bathroom, I did not move from the bed until almost 1 pm when I had to go again. I ate a salad.

Sporadically, I pulled the laptop onto my chest and posted comments to other blogs and read the news. most of what I read was discouraging. I found a book that sounds interesting.

Every time I talk to exbf, I change my mind about his coming up this week. As it stands, he is coming. His last day at work is this Friday. He works at the door at Sam's Club in Irondale. They are one of the Sam's Club in the US closing. He is only 64, but his health, osteoporosis of knees and hips, is intolerable. He is going to retire and take early ss. He cannot take one step without a walker or two canes.

As I think of what I need to do before he comes, my standards drop...lol. The turkey breast roast will be cooked today since I put it in the refrigerator to thaw before I became so ill. I have carrots to roast and salad fixings. I can wash two plates and two place settings of utensils. Bathroom can have very minimal attention and barely pass. There's more. But, isn't there always more? The rest of the kitchen is just piddling--throw away the cheese wrapper left on the counter, etc. Remember, I have been ill since about Dec 10.

I have potatoes that need to be cooked, so maybe I will slice those and put in with carrots. My plans and expectations when I am ill ebb and flow with how I feel at the moment, yes, according to how I feel now not later. Once I go to the mailbox, I could scale back again...lol.

Right now, it is 50+F, with a clear blue sky and few clouds. I can see there is a slight breeze as leaves blow. This makes me think I am recovering faster than I am.

In a little while, I am going to have 4 chocolate chip cookies and milk, but first an apple. Later, I have something to return to WM and another to Publix.  I am ambitious...lol.

2:00...I suppose I need to get out of bed.






4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your exbf on his retirement. His age and health condition made me ashamed of constantly thinking of retirement. I am only 51 and well and able to work. Yet, I just keep thinking about retirement. I must find a way to move this stupid thought from my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      The effort it takes him to just get out of a chair or get in or out of the car hurts me to watch. I cannot help him. Maybe when you are settled into this new company, you will more content. However, many people dream about retirement.

      Delete
  2. There are many times I feel as though i have been awake all night but there is nearly always someone who can confirm they heard me snoring! It's not a nice way to sleep.

    i think exbf is doing the right thing, I hope it works out well for him

    ReplyDelete
  3. kylie,
    I woke a bit earlier because I had left tv and light on. So, my sleep was troubled anyway. NO, it is not a nice way to sleep getting so little rest. I sort of blamed it on fever and uti.

    I hate he will get less than full retirement. But, now maybe he will have these four surgeries. He refuses to quit smoking, so he may have failures with the replacements.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.