Contact Me

Thursday, January 4, 2018

My Houndstooth Scarf

As I rode into Lowe's, a man I passed said, "Roll Tide." It took a moment to understand he was talking to me. I backed up and asked him what he said to me. "Roll Tide," he said. I asked him why he would say that to me.

He said, "Well..." as he sort of glanced at my clothing.

"Red is my favorite color!" (I had on a red coat.) And, this (plucking at my houndstooth scarf and flipping it in the air) is a sartorial choice, not a sports statement!"

A couple who had stopped to talk with the man laughed so hard. The woman bent over and turned around covering her mouth, laughing. She nodded and said, "That is right."

I commented I saw a large AU pen with jewels that I was going to buy to make my choice clear. "And, pin it right onto the houndstooth scarf. The woman said I should do that.  I think she and her husband were Auburn fans, too.  As I rolled away, I could tell the single man was humiliated. So sorry!

In WM today, I saw the friend who came in late at the Senior Christmas Party on Dec. 15. I told her I was so ill with the flu on the next day, and finally was able to go to the doctor on Sunday. She said she had the flu, too. I commented that I doubt she caught it from me. She continued with her story of a horrid gastrointestinal problem, saying she had been in ER for four hours being hydrated. My doctor tried to make me go and have iv for problem of losing fluid. We shared the more disgusting aspects which we both had. Then, she commented she now had a horrendous cold. And, I have cold and asthma problem. She said she had been ill for three weeks. Yep, me too.

I have heard the flu is now becoming more widespread in AL. Hopefully, I will not get it again. You can catch the flu again, right?  Do you have common items that peg you for a fan of one team?


6 comments:

  1. It would be unlikely for you to get the flu twice in one season. I hope you are over the bugs for a little while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I heard someone say it could be caught twice in a season. It sounds reasonable that I won't. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Sorry but n Alabama the red and houndstooth just screams Roll Tide. Its the same reason I never wear an orange top with blue jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne,
    LOL...yes, I know the tradition, however, I wear the houndstooth scarf with my pink coat and with yellow and get the same response. As an Auburn fan, it is strange still. I just need the gaudy AU pen. I never thought about an orange top with blue jeans, although the symbolism would immediately be evident. Thanks.

    tana50,
    Definitely regional. But, football guys from all over know it. I am not a football fan, so the Sea and Hawk cries would be lost on me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giggling!! Hope you don t get sick again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME,
      Yes, it is laughable. Hopefully, I won't. Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.