Contact Me

Monday, January 8, 2018

Possessed Antlers | Bargain Hits and Misses

Sunday
Now, we will not have any temperature below freezing. I am so happy. However, the rain now will just be miserable. Some places will have freezing temps and freezing rain. Not us. If the rain had come in during the freezing temps, road conditions would have been so dangerous. Plus, we might have lost power due to trees and power lines downed by the ice on them.

Today, I found two eye products reduced so low that I purchased them. Hmmm, they are for a darker sister! Those will go back!

The Sunday paper has six coupon inserts today.  I had gone over the coupons online and found several I could use. So, I bought two newspapers. When I have the Sunday papers, the ads for drug stores are included. I know all the ads are online, but it is difficult to read the print and sometimes to even see the product, so I am grateful for paper ads.

Reduced to 50% and 75% were items for birthdays and Christmas gifts this next year. Of course, I purchased them.

My Christmas antlers are possessed. I had left them on the dashboard. Every time I hit a bump in the road, just a little one, they come on. So, in the dark I drive along with little red lights blinking. While I was out, I tried to find replacement lights. If I put this thing up for next year, I am quite sure it will burn out and maybe have acid all over. Maybe not. There are lots of tiny led lights, but none to use for my antlers. It looks like Hobby Lobby will be the place to find them.

My scalp is still suffering from the nails of the shampoo girl. Also, I have a scabby area around the edges of my hair. ugh Plus, my hair is not in good shape.

I forgot to buy butter. There is none in the refrigerator, so a midnight run will be necessary. Yes, that is a trip for one item. But, traffic will be very light. I can find a parking place more easily. There will be an electric cart available. And, most importantly, I want to have oats, so butter is necessary.

Monday 6 pm
Okay, I did not get butter since I did not go out last night.  I have a plan. The game kickoff is in an hour and thirty minutes...so says exbf. By the time I get dressed and get down there, WM will be a wasteland, so I can find a place to park, find a cart, and shop in peace. Well, there rarely  is a crowd in front of dairy unless someone has said the "s" word.

Plus, I need to get more Immodium and Zofran to make it through the night. Tomorrow, I go to doctor again.

I have a plan. Exbf will go along with it. He will bring butter to me if I can find it for less than I can. Of course, he won't have to search. I will do the research and he can pick it up for me.

Monday 8 pm
The parking lot was practically empty. Inside, there was a quiet that is not usually there this time of night. I spoke to a young male employee, just small talk. He said it was so quiet on the roads when he came to work that he got there in record time. I reminded him of the Alabama game. 

I think I paid $3.84 for butter, about twice what people online are paying for butter!

Monday 11: 30 pm

Alabama won. While I am not a Bama fan, I did want them to win. My son roots for whoever is playing Alabama.

Okay, I have written on this for two days. I will publish now.

Who were you rooting for? No, I am not actively a fan, just have my choices. Is there a certain brand of butter you find on sale most often?







6 comments:

  1. Aldi usually has butter for 2.99 but occasionally it is 2.49

    I am for Alabama all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      LOL...I knew your response! It is a great win for the state. I will have to check out Aldi ad. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Aldi's here for butter- $2.30- $3.00. I bought 2 pounds last time I was there so have plenty of butter even if I bake some chocolate chip cookies later! Some people will only use Land of Lakes- I have never noticed any difference in quality with generic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NAN,
      That is the brand I prefer. I bought a brand I have never heard of. When I got home, I notice the box was not anywhere near square. That makes me think it has been warm and then cooled again. I worry. I read the boxes that tells where it comes from, in US I always hope. Plus, being from cows without hormones added is best for me.

      I actually prefer Country Crock taste in my oats. Butter tastes nasty in oats. However, I can happily use butter in everything else.

      Delete
  3. I'm curious about butter in oats.... Are these grits? When someone up here talks about oats we mean porridge so just wondered.

    I know you are not a "Bama" fan but I did think about you when I heard that The Crimson Tide had won!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oats are not grits. Oats are oats and grits are corn. I take Quaker Oats Old Fashioned and put them in water and boil. Is that porridge?

    When Auburn and Alabama play, I root for Auburn. When Auburn plays anyone at all, I root for AL. When, AL plays anyone else, I am for AL. I was thrilled that AL won. You were right to think about me. I did not watch one minute of the game, but I called exbf to see how it was going. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.