Contact Me

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Finding Money | Update on Frozen Faucet

At 5:41 pm after hearing a noise, I went to the kitchen and found water running from the faucet. There was no water running from the pipes under the sink. This is such a relief. I am not sure any pipes in the basement broke, but I doubt it. Tomorrow, I can get the city to check for a leak anywhere by looking at the meter. I cannot get to the meter as the lid is too heavy. 

When I came out of the bread store, there was a shiny, new quarter on the ground. Of course, that went right into my pocket. When I got into the car, I remembered or thought I remembered I had a quarter in my pocket. The only quarter was the one I picked up. So, either I found a quarter someone lost or I found the quarter I lost.

Then, I found a dime on the ground and a penny elsewhere.

After Thanksgiving I washed five pair of black pants. I obviously left a Kleenex in a pocket. I tried to wash again to get it off the pants, shook them, and did all sorts of things trying to help the situation. Finally, I bought a roller thing to get it off. That worked. I tried shaking them outside wet and then shook them when dry. Nothing worked. I could not get tape off a roll of tape to use to get the lint/paper off.

The last pair was hanging up and the last clean pair of black pants I had.  When I put my hand in the pocket, I found a very clean $10 bill. Oh, happy day!

When I was in my purse looking for something, I saw a wad of receipts in a place where I don't keep receipts. Inside was a $1 bill.

There was change in the bottom of my purse, change by the bed, change on the bed, change in the yard. Plus, there was about $7 in my change purse.

Granted, only the dime, penny, and possibly the quarter were true "found" money. But, finding a $10 bill that had been washed about two months ago was thrilling.

Mama said she was going to give her mother money for sending a coat to the dry cleaners. Her mother, my grandmother, said she always found enough money in the pockets of her clothes and coats to pay for dry cleaning.

Do you ever find money that is yours, just misplaced and never missed? Where do you find your own money? Do you find money your family has misplaced?

15 comments:

  1. Sometimes I find it in my own wallet. Hubs puts in there without telling me. I find it usually the first time I have to wear a jacket for the season. Sometimes $20. I always find change on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Why does your husband put money in your wallet? That is really nice of him. The money found in the fall and money found in purses not being used is great.

      Delete
    2. Because we give ourselves BLOW money and I always forget to put it in there. I don't usually use cash.

      Delete
    3. Jennifer,
      I see. I thought maybe he was trying to gaslight you...lol...not really.

      Delete
  2. I used to often find money in a jeans pocket or a jacket pocket but those were the days when i could misplace a note and not miss it. These days I usually know how much i have and where it is.
    Sometimes a dollar or two goes through the wash and i claim it but my lot never leave significant amounts in pockets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I agree about knowing and needing what I have. Now, I search until I find the missing cash. I know what I have and try to find it. If it is in the wash, it is mine since I never wash clothes for anyone else...lol.

      Delete
  3. $$ in pockets- yes, I'm notorious for sticking a few dollars in a pocket. Kleenex left in wash- oh, yes and I hate that! I sometimes throw things in the washer without checking the pockets- shame on me. My dad used to like to nap on the sofa and we kids would find lots of change in the cushions. My husband wasn't a sofa man so he never left any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NAN,
      It seems like I left money in my pockets more this last fall, more Kleenex, too. Exbf looses change occasionally, but since he rarely sits on the sofa and never lies there, if is hopeless finding any money here that is not mine.

      Delete
  4. I used to find money in my rain slicker pockets as I'd stash it there instead of carrying a purse. Now I just don't go out in the rain unless absolutely necessary so no more found money.

    I never seem to find money on the ground altho I know lots of people do. If I drop money I look around until I find it, after all it's mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellen,
      I am more averse to rain now, too. I think I may have carried a $20 to get $10 worth of gas and stuck the $10 in my pocket. I do look for what I drop because it is mine, and I am unwilling to leave without it.

      Delete
  5. I rarely carry cash, so the downside is I rarely "discover" it. My most common discovery is finding cash the kids have left lying around (allowance, gift money, etc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HP,
      And, you don't have to search for what you know you have!

      Delete
  6. I am not a big cash carrier either but I did find two hundred dollars in my drawer recently. I have no idea why I had put it in there, unless it was leftover money from a trip and I put it there while unpacking everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      That is a lot of money to find. You are probably right since you know how you handle money...no cash. I can imagine it was a good Thanks.thing to find, better than $10 in a pocket.

      Delete
  7. The other day I found nearly forty dollars in the nightstand. No clue what that was.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.