Contact Me

Friday, January 12, 2018

Snow, Flu, Food

It was not much, but it was snow.

I used the ac Wednesday night, wore a summer nightgown and thin throw over me. When I left to go to the ER, I forgot to turn off the ac. It was 61 F yesterday, so the ac was needed but not all day long while I was gone. Last night, once again, I used just the throw, the $2.50 kind from WM.

Today, I wore a spaghetti strap blouse and light cardigan with nylon jacket over that. It was just right outside.

The became fierce and I saw tiny pebbles of snow dancing around the streets, on the ground and on my windshield. It was a wild and beautiful sight. It made me really happy. Of course, since I am getting better, regaining my health. Nothing stuck even a little bit.

As I lay on the bed without changing my clothes, I felt chilly. Finally, after fighting the cold for an hour. I realized it was 24 F degrees. Needless to say, a sweatshirt replace the spaghetti strap top.

I am actually going to cook tonight instead of just eating a sandwich or going out to get something. The injection last night and meds today have worked miracles on me. I have actually picked up stuff from the house. For a month, I just have let things go.

On the news tonight, I heard that flu can live on door handles for 24 hours. I hope scientists can guess better next year to formulate a vaccine that will work on the strain that comes next year. Because of this ordeal for a month, I will become that paranoid person who wipes, sprays, and never touches anything in order to avoid the flu.

Now, to go cook. I will put beans on, cook pasta for a jar of bought pasta. I want to cook potatoes, too. I may cook the potatoes first, then the beans. I hope I don't give out before I get three easy dishes done.

All the Christmas candy has been separated from the trash of the wrappers I discarded in the bag of candy. I can share this tomorrow with some teens.


7 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! Stay warm__It's cold all of the sudden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Soooo cold. I thought cold was over for us.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're better! Don't overdo though- stuff can wait. We had a balmy day yesterday but now today it's turning cold again. I think I'm going to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NAN,
    I waited...lol. Just boiling pasta was enough as I did not have the strength or gumption to work more. Baking sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wash your hands; don't touch your face; use wipes and such to open doors/handles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always read the magazines. No more. I was obsessive about this in the ER. I touch my face too much! Now, I am much more aware of my actions now. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Just catching up on your posts ... glad you are feeling better.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.