Contact Me

Sunday, August 20, 2017

So Tired and Excited

Friday, I went to the doctor because I was having chest pains on left side and back pains on the same side, right between shoulder blade and spine. I had to see a nurse practitioner, and things did not go well.

She had to make many xrays of lungs and do ekg. Then, she told me I had to go to ER and had me sign paper if I did not. THEN, they made a mistake and had me write down why I was not going. I wrote on the three lines they gave me, all down the margins and across the top.

She could only treat me for two things and refused to hear that it was muscle strain and about the fact I had earaches, sinus congestion and very sore throat. I left fit to be tied, not visibly angry,  just left saying I would be back when I could see a doctor.

Today the doctor agreed that he thought I did not have heart trouble. He gave me an antibiotic, a shot for something to do with the muscle, and a muscle relaxer prescription.

So, there!

Hopefully, I can get some relief before I have to drive all the way to Nashville! Exbf is driving back. I don't EVER drive this far, but he cannot do all the driving. I will be in better shape in the beginning of the trip. He will last for the whole trip without exhaustion and can drive.

Someone is staying here since I have told the whole world I am leaving home...lol.

Now, I need to make two ham sandwiches, put together two salads with chicken, fresh tomatoes, and Romaine and grated cheese. slice two apples--green for him and red for me.  I hope I can do that with muscle relaxer in me. The peanut butter and knives are packed...lol. I have the good crackers I bought and the cheese sticks. Oh, I have two bananas for me. I have a case of water and a gallon jug. The jug is bought drinking water that has been here for two years, but could go in his radiator if it is needed.

Since I cannot find my cooler, I will take two lunch boxes.

Thought--I think I will make a pb and maple syrup sandwich for the return trip.

The plan is to feed Dominique very early and refill water so she will not suffer if for some reason we do not return by the middle of the afternoon.

Snag! He wants to NOT drive all the way to Nashville, but to get off on a lesser road and try to hit totality in the boonies. NO WAY! If it is gridlock on the interstate, so be it. I do not want to be on lesser roads and take a chance on being in a place where detours are unknown, shoulders are iffy, and help is less available if we need it.

The lesser road will add miles to totality, not an idea I like. I never like his shortcuts!

Okay, I am off to take a muscle relaxers I have never used and see if I can function!

Do shortcuts bother you, especially when time is short and shortcut is unknown?


3 comments:

  1. Have a great trip and hope all goes well.
    Unknown short cuts scare me, I need to know the roads. Much better to stick to major roads especially for this event.
    I'll be watching from my backyard using the pin-hole in a piece of cardboard viewer - that is if we don't have complete cloud cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellen,
      Same here. We were leaving a family reunion in MS and he just decided it was his car and he would drive on the two-lane road in a driving rainstorm where we were soon going to have to pull over. The rain was so intense and big trucks were passing a few feet from us. I put up a screaming fit to get me back on a good road. He wanted to see the scenery!

      I have not been able to sleep all night. I feel miserable. I am taking paper plates to make a pinhole viewer. Last time I saw a partial eclipse in my yard, I had made a pinhole view from a shoebox. I was beside myself with excitement then.

      Thankfully, sunny skies are predicted.

      Delete
    2. I only started screaming after minutes of trying to reason with him. I was terrified.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.