Contact Me

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Crockpot Breakfast Recipe



I found this recipe and want to try it. Sorry, but I don't know where I saw this.
  • 12 eggs
  • 1 (32-ounce) bag frozen hash browns
  • 1 pound bacon, cut into small pieces, cooked and drained
  • ½ cup onion, diced
  • ¾ pound shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup milk
  • ½ teaspoon dry mustard
  • Pepper
  • Salt
Directions: Layer the ingredients in your crock pot. Start with ½ of the hash browns on the bottom, followed by ½ of the bacon, ½ of the onions, and ½ of the cheese. Then layer in the rest of the hash browns, bacon, onions, and cheese. Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper together. Pour this over the whole mixture. Cook on low for 10-12 hours.

Now, I want to cook bacon!

Your turn
Have you ever made a recipe like this? I don't want the eggs to be rubbery. Will this work? Do you have a crockpot breakfast recipe that is NOT oatmeal?

6 comments:

  1. Never had this done in a crockpot but my friend used to do it in the oven. Put together the night before, refrigerate, baked covered at 350 for 30 min, uncover bake 15 min more. Really good and great if you a large family or guests.
    I make oatmeal in the microwave - put it all in a bowl nuke for 1 min, stir, nuke for another minute. Then I add flaxseed meal and peanut butter. I really don't like oatmeal but it's good for me and cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen similar ones done in the oven. It seems that the eggs might be pretty gross after 10 hours.

      Delete
  2. Never tried this or a breakfast crockpot recipe for that matter. I wouldn't like the soft bacon, I like crispy. But now I am going to google a baked recipe like the one above.

    P.S. I also make oatmeal in the microwave. I like to add flax or chia seeds and crushed almonds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tlc,
      Well, the bacon is cooked, so I think that might be okay. But, I envision rubbery eggs.

      Oatmeal is all I eat without add-ins.

      Delete
  3. I do not believe this!!! How ironic! I made the same thing Wednesday! I only used 6 eggs, added one container of sour cream, and some sweet red peppers. I put it in the oven for 40 minutes and we've have that for breakfast for the past three days. We top ours with some butter and hot sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lotta joy,
      I am only three years late seeing this. Yours sound delicious, too.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.