Contact Me

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Tuesday

On Monday, I went to the doctor, knowing the uti was back or just much worse. The ER doctor only gave me 5 days of med. This never works for me. I have 14 days worth now.

Today is lunch at a church, so maybe I can drag myself there. It's only three blocks, so I can make it.

Even with the rain today, the weather is beautiful. This line of rainstorms was less than predicted. That makes me happy.

I forgot to say, but on New Years Day, I had a daffodil that was about three inches tall. And, it has a bud trying to open. These are going to be the shortest daffodils ever. Tulips are about six inches tall. Flowers growing in my yard makes me very happy, too.

Exbf told me it going to be near 60 degrees F this week.

After all the hard freezing we had, down to 2 degrees F, I found my seeds where they had been in the car in a metal container. I have no idea why they were in a box in the car. They experienced freezing weather for about a week. Now, I wonder if they are okay. What do you think?

Your turn
Do you have anything flowering or trying to flower?

6 comments:

  1. I love daffodils and tulips. For me they mean spring is right around the corner. My dad and my grandma on my mom's side, used to grow tulips and gladioli and our gardens used to look so cheerful. I think your seeds should be fine. It would be best if they were wrapped in some paper and then placed in the tin can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, flowers are beautiful and cheerful. They were all in seed packets. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I miss lilacs- they just don't grow here. I hope your UTI is better- I've never had one as an adult but mom said i did as a child. Busy day today for me but everything will get done; just leftovers for lunch and dinner so no cooking needed. PS my son bought me a beautiful silk tulip wreath for Christmas! I have it hung and it really is springy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      I was wondering last year if lilacs grew here. I think I saw them in Southern Living while in a doctor's office. I wish I had lunch without cooking or thinking and had someone to serve it to me...lol. My goodness, I have never seen a tulip wreath. It must be spectacular. Springy? I am quite sure.

      Delete
    2. Yes, they sell it online at the wreath store. I might splurge and buy myself a lilac wreath- they were not available last time I looked though.

      Delete
    3. Nan,
      A wreath store? Sells only wreaths?

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.