Contact Me

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

How Monday Actually Went Down | Tuesday, Too

Monday, The first thing I did was go with him to see what he should do about his retirement, social security, and disabilities. He gained knowledge and now knows in which direction he should go. While there, I was offered a drink and took Diet Mt. Dew...more on that later.

I took his pants back to Wm that I gave him for Christmas. Finally, I found a pair, new style they carry that obviously is the style to replace the kind he has worn.  It seems that took forever. He has dress pants and some ragged stained ones. This pair will be perfect for everyday.

Before lunch, we took Coke/aluminum cans to salvage place. We had garbage bags full in the back of his vehicle. He just backed up; they took them out; I went another building and collected money. I need to use my can crusher on these so three huge bags will only be a half bag. But, it hurts my arm and hand!

We ate lunch at DQ, using a six dollar coupon that covered two drinks, chicken fingers, fries, a slice   of toasted, buttered bread. I did not eat half the slice of bread and brought it home.

At Publix, I bought a half gallon of a2milk. I had had the last half cup Monday morning before we left my house.

I was exhausted when we got home and I still needed to bring things in from his car. Dinner was the herbed turkey breast, cole slaw, and butternut squash. I did not realize I bought the steamer kind until I read the cooking directions! grrr But, I microwaved the bag and dumped it in a bowl, a cereal bowl was sufficient because there was so little!  We both had a smallish serving, and I gave him the rest to take home, a regular serving

Not wanting to put butter or sugar on this, I put about two tablespoons of maple syrup. Much of the maple syrup was left in the bowl, so we had little of a sweetener. It barely had any flavor at all, barely enough. But, that's okay with both of us.  So, turkey breast, butternut squash, and slaw was dinner. He declared it very good and said that he had missed having squash. Hmmm, he has never mentioned that to me.

The carrots were never cooked as I planned, nor the potatoes. This week all that will happen. I will bake and freeze in portions for him.  The potatoes will be cooked and put in the bag with carrots. This will make him happy.

After he left, I went to Publix to return something and could not find the receipt. It was no problem, but I took a store card instead of cash. I meant to make the return when he drove me to buy milk. But it is done and I received full value.

Now, I am waiting for The Good Doctor on TV..

Tuesday
From mid-afternoon on Monday until now, Tuesday night, I have had the worst belching I have ever had. It is not polite, easily squelched, and sort of worries exbf because this is highly unusual for me. I have no idea why it started or how to stop it or treat it.

I did not take my pill for the acid reflux until about 6 pm yesterday, way too late.  I took another about 5 am this morning. I do not have the pain from yesterday, but the horrid belching continues. I have just had to rest today, at least not do anything worth writing home about.

Does anyone grow butternut squash? Since they can be stored, it seems like a good crop. But, I bet raccoons, squirrels, rats, and chipmunk like them, too!

2 comments:

  1. Publix makes it east to return things.
    Only grown yellow squash and zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      They questioned whether it even came from there. They had already scanned it and it showed up in their system. I showed them the Publix sticker on the bottom where they scanned it. We both love yellow squash and zucchini, two other things I would love to grow.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.