Contact Me

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Happy Birthday!

My first daughter, second child, was born on July 6, 1970. She is beautiful, smart, talented and forty-seven-years-old today. You know what I was doing on July 6, 1970.

She was delivered by a doctor in the group of doctors that delivered Lisa Marie Presley.

I cannot believe I am the mother of a child this old! Of course, her brother is 49, and younger daughter will be 42 this fall.

Today has been tiring, so this is it for today.

Do you have a child who is so old that you cannot believe you are the mother of a child that age?

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter! I have turned 50 this year and my mom keeps saying "when did you grow up to be 50?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      Next year, my son will be 50. That will be shocking to me! I understand how your mom feels.

      Delete
  2. Not quite that old but still old enough that I can't believe they are mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      When my children were the age of yours, I was stunned then, too. Through the years, the amazement continues.

      Delete
  3. Yes! I can accept being 72 but shocked to have a daughter who will be 47 this year. Happy birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. carol,
      Same here, except I will be 71. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. I know! I had my youngest child when I was 39 and now she's 30. Sometimes I can not believe so many years have passed and that my husband has been dead 22 years. Ironically, I've been watching the movie Benjamin Button on TV- he was born an 'old' baby and gets younger as he 'ages.' I saw it when it came out but forgot most of it hahahaha- I'm aging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NAN,
      I saw a news story that mentioned it had been 20 years since something happened. I was shocked because I could have sworn it was not more than five years ago. Yes, aging! I have never seen that movie, but it always sounds like a good plot. My youngest will be 42 this fall.

      Delete
  5. may this next year be her bestest one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a milestone!! how often does she come to visit and/or do you head out to visit her?

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.