Contact Me

Monday, August 22, 2016

Sunday, I Was So Hungry, I Cried!

Usually, I just go get a glass of milk, a chunk of cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apple, chicken sandwich, banana, chunk of chicken, cottage cheese and applesauce, bowl of oats and glass of milk, Greek yogurt and blueberries. Those are things for snacks, and I don't have them all every day.

With all the food categories I have had to give up, little of these snacks are left for me. So, I cried. I cried because I was shaking and hungry and I cried because I may never be able to eat these foods again. I will probably cry when I see the allergist.

Well, crying it is not making my stomach full. So, tomorrow I will cook a huge pot of brown rice, cook more potatoes with carrots and onions, grind some brown rice powder from uncooked rice, buy eggs. This expensive hen just eats now and lays nothing, so I just will have to buy eggs!

If I can eat two eggs each morning, I am rarely headache-inducing-hungry like I have been for the last week or so. Those two eggs last me most of the morning. Of course, I usually have a glass of milk, too! $5 will get me enough eggs for almost a week.

While I won't be baking bread, I am going to use oats and brown rice flour to make maybe a peach cobbler, not sure. By the way, I choke on the bread from the $10.98 loaf. That is the last of that brand I will buy.  It is so expensive I cannot justify eating more than two slices a day.

Exbf said he would be eating lots more fruit! Well, all that costs money and is still not a balanced diet. I sure do love milk and dairy products! While I can make a meal on vegetables, my body is not happy. It want ice cream!

Seriously, this is not just wanting some food. It is a shakiness and deep hunger. I could  make Jello. Or not! See, I have sweet stuff that does not have dairy that still doesn't sound good enough to excite me.

I do eat salads and greens.

Tonight, I threw away a boneless ham that I accidentally ate two bites from my plate. I threw out the 32 ounces of yogurt. There is still Kraft cheese for spaghetti. It will stay here. Exbf came and I forgot to give him the ham and he would not want the yogurt. That is all I have wasted. I had told him not to come this week, so I can't even feed it to him and send the rest home.

When I looked at Publix for wheat-free cookies, they had dairy in them.

I wanted some chocolate on Saturday. Hershey bars have dairy products in them. Lindt had no dairy, but it was the bitterest kind and way too expensive. Today, I took spoon of peanut butter and mixed in cocoa. It was okay, but not chocolatey enough. I will try again tomorrow.

I have to look at  my checkbook before I go to the grocery. sigh I need an extra paycheck to cope with the food purchases I need to make. But, that's not happening. If I have enough money for tonight, maybe tomorrow I will go haunt Publix for suitable foods that may satisfy some of my cravings. 

There was not enough money in my account to buy even a banana, so maybe I will just eat some of that toilet paper! GAH!

Your turn
Have you ever cried because you were hungry and shaking? This is not the blood sugar type of shaky.

13 comments:

  1. What is the reason for this special diet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine,
      Allergies. For one thing, I cannot have anything from a mammal or chance anaphylaxis. Plus, I am developing eosinophils in my esophagus. They will become cancerous.

      Delete
  2. So sorry! Why don't you make a master list of foods you can eat? I'm thinking poultry, all fruits, veggies including my favorite potatoes, but why no wheat? No dairy either right? Is sugar not allowed? Maybe Medicare can send you to a nutritionist who can make a good diet plan. Several of my clients have had one made for diabetes and kidney disease.It's hard to change your diet, especially when you are on a budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well,
      I do have diabetes, so I am trying not to indulge in too much sugar. One day, I ate three smallish potatoes, zucchini, squash, and chicken. It did not take away the shakiness away, even an hour later. And, the blood sugar was okay. My gastroenterologist is sending me to a nutritionist. But, that is a month away. I just don't have money until the first of the month. I had to give away and throw out food and, of course, did not get the money back for all that.

      Delete
    2. dairy and wheat--allergies! That is what this is all about!

      Delete
  3. Oh boy. Not good.
    When I get like this, and my hands shake and I'm very, very hungry, I usually have a vegan protein shake. Check it out at www.arbonne.com. No gluten. No dairy. Strictly vegan protein from peas and brown rice. They throw in some vitamins and nutrients and my whole body goes back to 'normal. Whatever that is.
    Check it out. Maybe it will work for you too!
    Hang in there, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi,
      I am also allergic to peas! I will go look. Thanks. You have to experience this to understand, and you obviously have.

      Delete
  4. Good luck. It can't be easy try to establish a new normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC,
      Thanks. No, it is so difficult. I can only say I made it through one more day!

      Delete
  5. Check these out, they are super expensive but ..... https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VK5VTO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1471901603&sr=8-1&keywords=enjoy+life+chocolate+chips&pi=SX200_QL40
    Also, a friend of mine tried the gluten free / casein free nutritional intervention for her boys with autism and they went through withdrawals very similar to someone detoxing from hard drugs. She said the gluten and casein can act like an opioid in the brain of certain people. You could possibly be experiencing the same effects. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I can't imagine going through life without my favorite foods :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eugenie,
      I could do without a few favorites, but not all of them! I have no idea what detoxing is like, but this is awful. Right now, my urge is to go eat French fries. They are not on the list, but they are not what I should eat. Maybe KFC? I will probably start dreaming about KFC. lol I will look at those links. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Can you use rice cakes in place of bread. I have tried them and it's not as good as bread but it's a vehicle to get a sandwich to you. Baked my own gluten free breads some with success, some without. Best results with a boxed mix that's GF. But I don't like the ones that call for 3-4 eggs as they make the bread taste too eggy (sp?) for me. Look up making GF tortillas. That's next on my list to try. I like the basic recipes for GF so I don't have to get a lot of weird flours an stuff I'll never use anyway and that are expensive.
    Maybe a sorbet or vegan ice cream. My niece and sister in law love vegan ice cream but hey they are vegan so their taste buds aren't used to good ole ice cream any more. Sorry this is so hard. Will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      I buttered the bread and put it under the broiler long enough to warm the butter. That was good. I forgot about rice cakes. I would just use them to eat as a snack, to fill my stomach.

      I don't mind eggy bread! I am slowly learning things thanks to people like you.

      As for ice cream, I will just eat the smoothie with no dairy product.

      The headache remains, but I am not shaking uncontrollably! I feel like I am grumpy with people.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.