Contact Me

Monday, August 29, 2016

Still Getting Rid of Fruit Flies: A New Way

When I passed the tiny bowl of vinegar and Dawn, I noticed it was dry. Later. As I lay down to talk on the phone, one landed on my nose. ack! I slapped it to try to kill it. That hurt. They all, all two, went away.

After I hung up the phone, I gasped because a fruit fly went all the way to my throat as I breathed in. I gasped and coughed until I suppose it finally went down. Hopefully, I am not allergic to fruit fly protein. I have always had a fear of swallowing a bug. It has happened when I was outdoors, but never safe inside.

Pears are ripening at a rapid rate. I just hope there are no swarms.

Singers at night often swallow huge bugs, so I am grateful it was only a fruit fly! I cannot imagine swallowing any larger flying insect!

Don't try this at home.

Your turn
Have you ever swallowed a bug flying around? Okay, have you ever deliberately swallowed/eaten a bug?


10 comments:

  1. Remember the children's song "There Was An Old Woman Who Swallowed A Fly"? I'm not saying you are a old woman, only that there is a song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      You put me into a loooong laugh. Yes, I am an old lady and had forgotten that song. Thankfully, it was not a fly!

      Delete
    2. oh, she beat me to the reference.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry that happened to you, but I got a good chuckle! I can always use a good laugh;)
    Yes...I have had the same thing happen to me, only the flying insecet was unidentified;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eugenie,
      Look above. tana50 also gave me a laugh. Hopefully, you got a chuckle from her comment. A UFI for you? unidentified flying insect?

      Delete
  3. When I was in college and working at a Kroger deli we would have huge flies from the nearby egg farm in the store. Even though we were in the back of the store, one day I was talking to a co-worker and one just flew in my mouth out of nowhere and down my throat. It was so disgusting. I can laugh years later but it was not funny at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      I can imagine how disgusted I would be. Yep, it would take years before swallowing a fly would be humorous. Thanks for that. I feel better and oh, so grateful.

      Delete
  4. Swallowed several bugs unintentionally and survived

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Obviously, I survived, but was not happy. I hope your bugs were small ones, too.

      Delete
  5. I've swallowed a few. I rode ATVs as a kid. It just happened as I whizzed around.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.