Contact Me

Friday, August 5, 2016

Power Blend--New Product AND Food Waste

As I was choosing the bag of salad I was going to buy, I came across a new product.
"Powerblend."

"Superfood--Brussels sprouts, Napa Cabbage, Kohlrabi, Broccoli, Carrots, and Kale" Right on the package, that's what it said. And, I was intrigued.

Yesterday, I felt miserable when exbf was here. Since I had chicken cooked in the crockpot, I decided BBQ chicken on a bun sounded great. I was going to take the Superfood and make slaw from it. However, I just dumped a generous portion on the sandwich. It was great and added some more nutrition to the bread and meat. The broccoli and carrots were in long strips while the cabbage, kohlrabi, and kale were extremely small pieces like about a quarter of an inch. Until I became so miserable feeling, I was going to make slaw. However, exbf said it was fine like it was.

For dinner, he had a salad from another mix of greens with a generous helping of the superfood on top along with chicken, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and dressing.  I will probably buy the "Superfood" again.

I ate no dinner and slept for 12 hours after he left. This morning, I had a salad from a bag of mixed greens with tuna mixed with Miracle Whip and sweet pickle relish. In a bit I will have my second breakfast, banana with peanut butter.

Last week, I used the Miracle Whip and left it on the counter for 6 hours. My only excuse is the pain and distraction of the burn on my arm.  Sadly, there was 1/3 of the jar left. Finally, I bought another jar at $3.48. Then, I learned it was $2.50 elsewhere, so it was price-matched! Yes, it was still a waste, but fortunately a little less costly.

Yesterday, I was at my weekly doctor appointment and the nurse saw the uncovered burn, saying she could tell how deep it was originally and how it must have hurt.  I don't suppose there is a good place to be burned, but this is annoying. It is two inches above the bend of my elbow and diagonal.  The stretchy bandage was in the crook of my elbow and caused a rash where I sweated. Plus, the bandage was applied loosely causing it to slide down with any motion, and I was told not to get it too tight when I changed the dressing.

Finally, I decided an occasional bandaid might be in order. In the heat, the bandaid just slid off! However, after being in cool WM for an hour, the bandaid held once again. That was strange. Yesterday, I decided it was sufficiently healed to leave it uncovered for some of the time. Ten minutes later, I scratched it and opened a slash about an inch long, causing it to bleed. GAH!

The stretchy bandaid continually got caught in my sleeve which caused it to move. But, when I left off any covering, the burn stuck to my lower arm when I bent my arm any. This is minor compared to injuries others have. I will forever have a lot more empathy for people with injuries and coverings, especially in the summer. 

Your turn
Have you seen this new SuperFood/Power Blend in the produce section? Have you had any food waste lately?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are eating well. That should help your wound to heal quicker. Drink plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated. Saying a prayer for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Thanks. I am trying to survive in this heat, drinking lots of water. I do have a bit of junk, but mostly I do try to eat well.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.