Contact Me

Friday, January 16, 2015

Found My Blankets

As you know, I thought I was going to freeze to death. Okay, so I was not going to freeze to death. However, the discomfort robbed me of sleep and caused frustration and lessened my powers of concentration.


Since before the cold snap, I have daily asked exbf if he still has my box of blankets. I put things that are seasonal in boxes, labeling them and send them home for him to store for me. That way, I have less clutter. By specifically labeling boxes, he does not have to guess which box is which. Several times I have asked, he has said (No." ) he only has one box, the one in his car. "NO, it is not blankets."


When he was here on Tuesday, I looked at the box--"Old blankets." urge to kill  Yes, I really fussed at him. I had described to him for days how cold and miserable I was. ??? He knew how ill I was when he called and I could barely speak.


Michele did give me a heavy bedspread, green, king-size, matelassé . But, I cannot lift or carry it to take to the laundry. I do need to get someone to pick it up for me. I am quite sure it is very warm.


For about three weeks, I have been on a course to the doctor's office. It has been so strange. Every morning I have a symptom that goes away during the early morning or at least before night or the next morning--ear ache, sore throat, stuffy head. Of course, there is left and right ear, same with sides of throat. Then, another symptom arises. This has gone on for weeks, never ill enough or with many symptoms at once.Sinus pain was all over the place as the days progressed. Some days, I felt absolutely fine. Some days, I coughed until I hurt.  Other days, I slept well and warm and then had to nap for 6 hours.


Finally, last night my temperature went to 98 F degrees. I give up. (temperature is usually 97 or 97.2 and one day it was 96.5)  Doctors have assured me for years that I was not ill because my temperature was not even up to "normal!"


Your turn
Have you ever been so frustrated after asking the same question every day and getting the wrong answer? Tell me about it so I won't feel so alone. How long do you wait until you give up about a cold that comes and goes? Do you run a low normal temperature?





10 comments:

  1. A degree higher than your normal isn't too bad. In fact, temps tend to go up by that much due to factors that don't even have to do with illness, but when one feels bad, any elevation seems significant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowbrush,
      It may not be too bad, but it wipes me out and causes all my joints and bones to hurt, besides the sore throat, cough and other respiratory conditions. . I know the difference in ill and sad. Although sadness does not affect my temperature or joints aching. Doctors seem to want to downplay my condition and act like I need attention or am just a hypochondriac. So annoying. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. I was sick for months with fatigue and a low-grade fever that was less than a degree over my normal of 98.6, and the doctor's proposal was simply that I stop taking my temperature. I finally turned yellow, and I was happy for me because I knew that i would FINALL be taken seriously.

      Delete
    3. Oh, along with turning yellow, I lost 35 lbs, and I wash't skinny to start with. He was a very stupid doctor, but I was young, and thought all doctors were highly competent.

      Delete
  2. My temperature is frequently sub-normal. Down by at least a degree and often a little more. So is my partner's.
    So, when I am feeling like death on a stick and go to the doctor they dismiss my temperature as 'only slightly raised'.
    I would have been furious at getting the wrong answer time and time again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC,
      I know that temperature varies from time of day and such, but when I am so ill I do not appreciate the dismissal of "only slightly raised."

      I am furious, but he has no recollection of me asking about blankets.

      Delete
  3. 97.4 is my normal temp. And the ONLY way I have ever been listened to is when I get a NEW doctor. Then, given a few visits, I'm back to being uninteresting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lotta joy,
      I got a new doctor who did not write down or look at anything I wrote, like about multiple joint injuries and low normal temp and low blood pressure all on a paper I handed him. He demanded I park at road at WM and walk all thy way and no, he would NOT give me a handicapped tag. When I tied to tell him about back, he left room with me still waving paper I had to fill out. I fired him that day. I dn't want to be interesting, just listened to.

      Delete
  4. I think exbf is related to X. He always gave me crazy answers to simple questions, and he could never find anything. Nut job. My temp runs low. I always say so when I see a new doctor or when I have a fever. No one argues with me, but maybe that's because I've worked in healthcare.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie,
      I never tell him I think he is nuts, but I sure think it...lol. My ex-husband would come into the house after driving the only car we had. I was tending infant. Ex would storm in and ask me what I did with his keys. Me??? He wanted to know where I put them. He would be in such a dither, so much so that I would have to put down newborn to help to find his keys by asking where he last had them. Oh, you put them in your suit pocket, so let's go look there. We had this little scenario over and over. Nut job.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.