Contact Me

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Senior Citizen Discounts List

another view of the garden folly/greenhouse


The list of senior discounts came to a north Alabama site I read, sent to a member via Florida. You might want to check these before you arrive, expecting a discount. Notice there are varying ages to qualify as a senior. Who makes up this arbitrary line in the sand? For me, right now it does not matter. It appears I am well-qualified, age-wise, for everything on here.

RESTAURANTS:
Applebee's: 15% off with Golden Apple Card (60+)
Arby's: 10% off ( 55 +)
Ben & Jerry's: 10% off (60+)
Bennigan's: discount varies by location (60+)
Bob's Big Boy: discount varies by location (60+)
Boston Market: 10% off (65+)
Burger King: 10% off (60+)
Chick-Fil-A: 10% off or free small drink or coffee ( 55+)
Chili's: 10% off ( 55+)
CiCi's Pizza: 10% off (60+)
Denny's: 10% off, 20% off for AARP members ( 55 +)
Dunkin' Donuts: 10% off or free coffee ( 55+)
Einstein's Bagels: 10% off baker's dozen of bagels (60+)
Fuddrucker's: 10% off any senior platter ( 55+)
Gatti's Pizza: 10% off (60+)
Golden Corral: 10% off (60+)
Hardee's: $0.33 beverages everyday (65+)
IHOP: 10% off ( 55+)
Jack in the Box: up to 20% off ( 55+)
KFC: free small drink with any meal ( 55+)
Krispy Kreme: 10% off ( 50+)
Long John Silver's: various discounts at locations ( 55+)
McDonald's: discounts on coffee everyday ( 55+)
Mrs. Fields: 10% off at participating locations (60+)
Shoney's: 10% off
Sonic: 10% off or free beverage (60+)
Steak 'n Shake: 10% off every Monday & Tuesday ( 50+)
Subway: 10% off (60+)
Sweet Tomatoes: 10% off (62+)
Taco Bell : 5% off; free beverages for seniors (65+)
TCBY: 10% off ( 55+)
Tea Room Cafe: 10% off ( 50+)
Village Inn: 10% off (60+)
Waffle House: 10% off every Monday (60+)
Wendy's: 10% off ( 55 +)
Whataburger: 10% off (62+)
White Castle: 10% off (62+) This is for me ... if I ever see one again.

RETAIL & APPAREL :
Banana Republic: 30% off ( 50 +)
Bealls: 20% off first Tuesday of each month ( 50 +)
Belk's: 15% off first Tuesday of every month ( 55 +)
Big Lots: 30% off
Bon-Ton Department Stores: 15% off on senior discount days ( 55 +)
C.J. Banks: 10% off every Wednesday (50+)
Clarks : 10% off (62+)
Dress Barn: 20% off ( 55+)
Goodwill: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
Hallmark: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
Kmart: 40% off (Wednesdays only) ( 50+)
Kohl's: 15% off (60+)Modell's Sporting Goods: 30% off
Rite Aid: 10% off on Tuesdays & 10% off prescriptions
Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday ( 55+)
The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: up to 50% off ( 55+)
Stein Mart: 20% off red dot/clearance items first Monday of every month ( 55 +)

Big Lots 30% Why did I not know this. I buy little there, but this is worth looking into. A 10% discount at Rite Aid would bring me in faster. Belk's? Since when?  I am learning places to ask about the discount.

Your turn
Do you have any places to add, local or national? If it is local, include the location. If you find any discrepancies, let me know that, if you will. Can you confirm any of these? Do you go to any of these places?
 

 

10 comments:

  1. Most of our 'seniors' discounts start at 60. And I am not there quite yet.
    However, my sister-in-law asks every time she purchases something - and says she is successful more often than not. Generally ten percent, sometimes 5. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC,
      "Senior" started at 55 until I was there, then it went to 60 and at the movies it moved to 65. Now, there is only a senior discount if kids are out of school during day or evening. That's no fun!

      I ask lots of places. At Arby's you have to buy a full meal, not just a sandwich or $ menu item. No, it does not hurt to ask at all! Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
    2. My local Good Will has 25% off on "senior Wednesday" . Over 55 I think. When I turned 55 senior discounts all got moved to 60! Thought I was the only one who noticed that.

      Delete
    3. Rat,
      Yes, I noticed. I think I am fully "senior" now. Surely, they won't push it to 70. I am going to look for GW when I am in other towns.

      I get really rude people who insist I am not old enough. It ought to be flattering, but they embarrass me with their disrespect.

      Delete
  2. I told Joe I was going to print this out, but I'll either forget, or if I do print it out, I'll lose the damn thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lj,
      That is when you print multiple copies. Ask me how I know.

      Delete
  3. Great list...but since I'm only, ah, twenty guess I'm not qualified. BTW, I've linked you on my blogroll. Thought I had you listed. Sorry for the oversight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Stephen,
      Some day you, too, will be able to qualify for wonderful discounts. By the way, I have seen your picture and you are certainly a mature looking twenty. lol. Oh, okay. Wonderful. See you later.

      Delete
  4. Having the age for discounts shift around is a particularly sensitive subject to me.. I am in that group who will not be eligible for full social security until 66!

    I knew about a couple of the discounts on your list but I so rarely go to any of those places that I had no idea about the majority of them. I think I will print a copy of your excellent list to tuck into my glove box.

    If I remember right our neighborhood theater (Edwards chain) gives seniors a free popcorn on Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet,
    I rarely go to any of these places, either. If I do, I sure want to make absolutely sure I get the discount if there is one. Do, having this in my car would be helpful.

    I know exbf and I were going to one of my secret shopper jobs and were going to be gone around lunch time. I gave him all the ads and had him read and pick out and read to me what we both would like. Then, when we got to the town, we saw one burger place that had two cheeseburgers for $3.33. I had carried soft drinks from home in a lunch bag with ice pack. Eating cheaply is the goal always. However, we rarely eat out at all. I like discounts and coupons, always. Now, I can carry a list of discounts, too.

    Free popcorn is a good deal. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.