Contact Me

Friday, February 23, 2018

A Haircut

Today was the day exbf and I decided was the least rainy day for him to drive and us to do things. He drove up and I was ready. We went to Publix to get my expensive milk and then to WM to make a return. Then, we drove around Sportsman Lake, a lake within city limits and about three miles from me, looked at flowers and campers and ducks. It was a beautiful day and the lake was beautiful.

There were two quite large pull-behind campers set up and separated from their vehicles. Kids were out playing. Someone was fishing. I wonder how much it cost to camp.

There was a bike rental sign but no bikes. What? People can rent one or more of the nearly three dozen pavilions. Plus, there are small cabins for rent. Now, I need to find all the prices just to satisfy my own curiosity. There is also putt putt golf, playground, train, snack bar at the Sportsman Lake Park.

The ac has been on for two days now. It's very warm out. Of course, I took today to use the oven. All winter, I have used the crock pot. The weather has been a high of 83, nice weather. Next week, it should be down to 70s, maybe 60s. Birds are celebrating. Flowers abound everywhere.

We had Tombstone Pizza and salad for lunch,  Then, I had to lie down. Exbf said I went to sleep for a long time. I thought it was only ten minutes. Dinner was beef, potatoes, and corn slaw.

Before he went home, we had planned for him to cut my hair, just trim the bottom half an inch. Well, I asked him to show me the first cut. It was fully an inch long. I pointed that out. He said, okay. Well, a few minutes later, I had him show me the hair he had just cut off. It was over 2 inches long. I told him and he said, DAMN. Same with the next cut. He said DAMN! Did he have a sudden spell of brain damage. I had him show me more cuts. None were near the same. I am going to kill him. It has been two hours since he left, and I cannot even bear to look at it.

Because he cannot cut the hair without holding it, he holds my hair in his fingers and cuts above what he is holding. It has worked before. Now, there is a little pile of hair on the ground that I need to pick up.

As he looked at my hair while he was sitting in the car, he said, "Yeah, I see lots of places I left it scraggly, lots of long pieces." I tried not to cry. And, I have not yelled at him or fussed at him. sigh

It was a very pleasant day until he cut my hair. I am not sure if I need to leave it alone, try to straighten it myself, or pay for a haircut.

Has anyone EVER given you such a crummy haircut?  Well, I have paid for bad haircuts, but this is the only bad haircut anyone not a professional has given me. A half inch is safe, Two inches gone is a catastrophe. He wanted to go back and try to cut it better. No. I don't want a pixie haircut.

6 comments:

  1. I am laughing but not at your misfortune. Just remembering the time when we were in our early 20's and I could not afford a haircut so I asked My Beloved Sister to give me a trim. She lost her balance on the first snip and wound up cutting my hair to within a couple of inches from my scalp. She cried and I cried, but there was nothing to do but try and fix it. I went from hair about 4 inches below my shoulders to a pixie cut in 2 days. You know that haircut I couldn't afford? When Mom saw the cut and the "repair" job, she sprang for a cut and color. At least it was a complete and total change, plus hair grows relatively quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      That was funny. My hair barely touches my shoulders! And, that is just the stuff that needs to be cut off, little sprigs of hair. Thank goodness for your mother. That could have been a tragic grow out.

      When I was eighteen, my sister who was 16 had me cut her hair. I butchered it. About 30 years later, she was still furious. We did not have the money to have it fixed. Sad. I am a much better a haircutter now.

      Thank you for that story.

      Delete
  2. I've had a few haircuts I regretted! It does grow back fairly quickly so I wouldn't fret too much. My sister tells the tale when she was around 10, she and her best friend decided to go from long hair to short. The stylist cut the friend's hair first, my sister looked at it and said I change my mind and walked away LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      That is a horrible and hilarious thing your sister did. If I had paid for the haircut, I would be furious. It has been over 12 hours and I still have not looked at my hair, just what was cut. Now, I have to get ready and I will see what he has done.

      Delete
  3. I used to cut my own hair for a few years, there are some good videos on YouTube that show you how do do it. I used a crea clip i bought on ebay and sometimes used a method where you put it in a ponytail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I put my hair in a ponytail once and it looked great. The next time, it was horrible. So, I am letting the layers grow out. He has cut it twice and done a great job, even layering it once. Of course, I put my hair up in pincurls and took them down one at a time for him to cut just a bit. It worked. This time? ugh. Thanks. I cannot afford a haircut right now. I think they would have to cut so much off I would cry.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.