Contact Me

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Rocks in Nashville

While I was in Nashville waiting for totality, I found rocks for painting like Lorraine does. I walked up to McD's where we used the bathroom and was waiting for exbf to slowly walk there. There were landscaping rocks by my feet. I really wanted to take a couple to paint. However, I resisted the urge, knowing it would be stealing.

Somehow, I lost the rock I found on a shelf at WM.  I think J threw it out or J vacuumed it up. Bummer!

As I typed the title to this post, I realized I need a rock to memorialize Totality for me. Of course, the memory is better than a rock! Lorraine, an idea--Totality Rocks because Totality rocks.

 In a post somewhere there were rocks for plant markers. The plant names were in very plain print and had little dots around the outside of the rock. It seems the universe is showing me rocks I can emulate...lol.

I am getting up my nerve. Now, I need to get rocks without stealing them.

Your turn
Has anyone painted rocks yet? Am I behind? If you are painting rocks, are they on your blog? Okay, I know Lorraine is painting rocks.

14 comments:

  1. I didn't do an eclipse rock, but many people did. That would be fairly easy for you to whip up. Finding rocks "in the wild" in Alabama is definitely a challenge. In PA they were everywhere, but here I have to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I could do that. Nope, no rocks in the wild here in AL. Those McD rocks had been tamed by Ronald. One day, when exbf and I walked by the RR tracks here in town, I picked up about four pretty ones and realized later I should not have.

      Delete
  2. Some here in FL are painting shells instead of rocks - so much easier to find. Is there a pond, river, creek near you where you might find a rock?
    Or maybe a neighbor that would let you have one or two from their landscaping?
    Being from CT never gave a thought as to how hard it was to find a rock elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellen,
    I can barely walk on even, solid ground. I won't be stumbling around near water on ground that slopes, is slippery, loose, is wet, and rough.

    My neighbors don't landscape with rocks, and I would never ask!

    There are plenty of rocks in the South! However, they are not all round and smooth like I need and rarely small, more like 50 lbs rocks. I have lots of rocks in my yard that I cannot pick up and would never paint. There is rough gravel in my driveway, not what I need. The South is full of rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have some rocks (I was gonna let my homeless women paint them green and white and then put them in pots like cacti) and I kept a couple for myself, thinking I would make fall leaves? But showing them to anyone else? not so sure about that, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      Right! These may be for my pleasure only!

      Delete
  5. I haven't painted rocks but DH collects a rock from every road/trail we go on up in the mountains. Good sized rocks and on the bottom he has me write in sharpie the road name or # (logging roads are numbered)/area we got the rock. He's started putting them all out in front of our front porch and plans to take them all to our new house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I doubt those rocks will be up for painting! That is a good, cheap memory to have.

      Delete
    2. it's his little "hobby" but we were on one particularly scary road that had a very steep cliff down my side. I saw a rock on the side, told him to stop while I picked it up. Got it home and I labeled it "Edge of Death Road" LOL

      Delete
    3. one,
      You were brave for his hobby. I hope he appreciates you faced the Edge of
      Death.

      Delete
  6. No lack of rocks where I live. They also come in all shapes and sizes. Come help yourself! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a flat rock to use for a paper weight. My son painted "I Love You" on it when he was in kindergarten. He is 34 now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Those are the things we mothers keep forever! I know I do.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.