Contact Me

Monday, September 12, 2016

Zucchini Cobbler Recipe



I don't feel like shopping or baking, but I had to share this recipe without making it first. I got it Here.

For some reason in the past, I used my coffee bean grinder, the kind with a stainless steel cup with blades, to grind rice, oats, and other things. Coffee beans have never been ground in it. Besides, no odor is ever left behind.

Oh, I was trying my hand at making cream of rice, something I love. When I took the top off, there was a cloud of rice particles. It turns out that brown rice can be ground to almost flour consistency. Maybe a few more minutes of grinding would make it all into flour. I can try. Then, I can use that instead of the all purpose flour in this recipe. I will substitute something for the butter, too.

Okay, you want me to try this recipe first? Tough! I told exbf not to come on Friday. That is how sick I feel. Plus, I spent my birthday in bed. However, I wanted to get this out to you so that anyone with a zucchini glut now and  out of ideas could try it out. Her blog stated they used or will use winter squash for the same recipe.


Zucchini Cobbler

Ingredients:

Filling:

5 cups zucchini – peeled, seeded & chopped
½ cup fresh lemon juice
¾ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Crust:
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 ½ cups butter, chilled
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place zucchini and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Stir in ¾ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg. Simmer 1 minute longer, remove from heat, and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and 1 ½ cups sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir ½ cup crumb mixture into zucchini mixture. Press half the remaining crumb mixture into the prepared pan. Spread zucchini evenly over crust. Crumble remaining crumb mixture over zucchini, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.


Your turn
Has anyone tried this Zucchini Cobbler?

2 comments:

  1. Linda.mmdid you ever hear the joke about zucchini bread? Ten dollars worth of ingredients to use up a free zucchini. On the other hand this is different. I have layered zucchini and tomatoes with a bechamel sauce when I had a lot of both. My free farmer dried up but I do have a butternut squash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. carol,
      No, I never heard that, but it is funny. I imagine a butternut squash will work just fine in this recipe. I have seen pies made from green tomatoes and lots of vegetables.

      Personally, not only do I not have a glut of zucchini, but I would not get tired of zucchini every day. I have not put the concept to the test, though.

      Thanks for the new joke. I have hear of people coming out from church and finding zucchini in their car. Or, getting up in the morning only to find a huge bag of zucchini on the porch.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.