Contact Me

Sunday, September 25, 2016

About the Eyeglass Frames

First of all, I am not looking for just any eyeglasses or an eyeglass company. I am looking for a specific, old frame. So, sending me to a car dealership won't help me find a classic car.  I do appreciate the suggestions so far, but I need glass frames that will fit the lens I have and are the only ones I like. These lens are paid for, so I don't want to start all over and lose money spent on these lens.

Second, I won't order frames online unless I can try them on. I have tried on frames all over town and find none like mine.

Third, my computer updated for at least two hours. Now, yahoo is strange. I can find the reply button, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to send.  There should be a button, yes?

My eye is killing me and I am trying to hold on until Monday. Maybe that is why I cannot figure out where the SEND button is located.

8 comments:

  1. I guess part of this was directed to me. I think the listings on Ebay are direct matches as the name and sizes match up, but I didn't know you wouldn't order used frames online, sorry. With them being discontinued, it's probably going to be very hard to find them anywhere but online. Maybe going to one of those discount glasses places (2 pair for $99, guaranteed in an hour - kind of places) with the lens would be the best option. Hopefully they'd have something that they lenses fit, but if they don't and you have your prescription, you could at least save some money if you have to get new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina,
      I am perfectly willing to order used frames online. I ONLY want the one frame. Actually, I don't know who all sent and email, so as far as directing this to anyone, I don't remember who all wrote.

      It is very hard and very specific searches yield hundreds of thousands of results, none of which have actually been the ones I searched for. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I didn't email them, I listed them in your post (and for some reason it double posted everything, sorry). They seem to be identical except for color (and the sizes match the measurements that you had listed), not sure if any of them are the exact color you want, but good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,
    Sorry. I had not check that post, which is exactly where I expected to find an answer. I have looked at two of the entries and they look right. Now, why could I not have done that in several hours? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the expense of poor eyesight. DJ said to Den and I once, I managed to get your(meaning me) terrible eyesight and his(dad) astigmatism. He was on the losing end or would it be the blind end of the stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonya Ann,
      Neither of my parents had particularly poor eyesight although they both wore glasses after about 45 or so. Both wore glasses to read. I wonder if they had astigmatism. ???

      Your son is funny. I cannot see to read and have astigmatism.

      I have the best eyesight of my siblings. Two wore glasses as teens and the other only reading glasses.

      These frames are givng me fits. Plus, my eye is hurting so much.

      Delete
  5. My children are doomed in the eyesight department, as well, lol. Sorry, kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My children, like I, only need reading glasses, thankfully.

      You notice I am back in my blog? I had to fight my way in!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.