Contact Me

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving

Thursday was a beautiful day, blue skies, no precipitation, and few pretty white clouds, 63F degrees. Tommy came around 9:30 am as usual. I had a plan.

Back in July I purchased an item for $20 and lost the receipt. I could not return it since I have returned too many things over $10 without a receipt. So, I wanted Tommy to do it. Each driver's license can only have so many returns over $10 without a receipt. Usually, I find the receipt as soon as I get home.

So, he did, taking two other small items with receipts. I recovered $28. I can use that elsewhere!

We went to the church and I put on my makeup as we waited for the lunch time. I had time to put on nail polish.

I went through the line and someone carried Tommy's plate out for me. We had the usual--turkey, dressing, gravy, green beans and sweet potatoes. I collected tea and pie. I left most of my pie since I was not feeling it. I don't think I have ever been served such a huge helping of turkey! I put all the dark meat on his plate and he allowed me to take some of his white meat.

I planned one more thing to do--spend my $100 grocery certificate that I won. The store closed at 1 pm., so I tried to hurry. One clerk offered to help. She took things off the shelf and actually helped me find things I wanted. Tommy trailed in another cart writing down prices and figuring how much I had spent. I ended up with $102.25. I paid the extra.

We were there until about 1:10 pm. And finally had the cars loaded by 1:20. I felt bad about keeping the employees. Tommy gave me tip money to give the guy who loaded the groceries. The store was locked, so I will do it this weekend.

Tomorrow, I will list what I bought.

Before I left in the morning, I discovered the outlet for my 220 heater was smelling like it was burning. It did not burn the house down, but I will not use it until it is repaired. I lost the back off the wireless mouse. So, I had to tape it to avoid losing the battery. The tv remote quit working! I can mute it, but I cannot change channels or turn it off! I cannot find my glasses. lol I hope that is the end of these fails, all on Thanksgiving!.

After I put the groceries away, I went back to WM to get refund for the broken remote, bought a new one and had someone read and write down how to program the remote. The readers I have still cannot help me to read the fine print.

Lowe's was closed, so I could not get another outlet so someone could replace it. I am perfectly capable of changing a 220 outlet. Just the fact I cannot get so low is the only reason I will not do it myself. Yes, I will turn off the breaker for the heater.

The person who could help me with the remote had not come into work at WM, so I had to wait over an hour.  Then, she had to do other things. While I was waiting, Black Friday was ramping up. It started at 6 pm. I found my way to the deli where they were serving free coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies. I had offered to bring some back for two employees. Since it was 5:15 pm, I thought I would wait and watch the towel fight. It never happened.

4 comments:

  1. On this Thanksgiving weekend I pause to express thanks you are my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Thanks. That is very sweet. I am happy you are my friend.

      Delete
  2. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grocery Store Receipts Maker | Furniture Receipt Generator | Electronic Store Receipt Maker

    Create custom grocery or furniture or electronics or electrical or food related receipts at your own. Expense receipts allows you to customize or design your own receipts for your needs!. Store Receipt

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.