Contact Me

Friday, November 2, 2018

Long Day; Hard Days

When Tommy came Tuesday, I did not have enough sleep the night before. So, Wednesday was spent doing absolutely nothing. Still I was not rested. By the time Wednesday came around, I was still somewhat tired. I had a doctor visit and then shopped as many are wont to do after the first of the month.

At Publix, the a2milk that is usually $4.79 was 2 for $7. I bought 5 half gallons. One of those was chocolate. In my refrigerator are those five, two half gallons of regular milk for Tommy, one half gallon I bought the day before, and a half gallon of orange juice. So, that makes nine (9) half gallons stuffed in my small refrigerator. I got the ads to see what else was on sale and to find coupons for them.

Before the ad goes off next Wednesday, I will buy another two half gallons of the a2milk for coming weeks. It does not go on sale often enough for me to have the opportunity to keep buying it on sale. Oh, after buying this about 3 pm, I left it in the car until 9: 30. This is why I shop more often--because I cannot make many trips from the car to the house without great pain and exhaustion.

Of course, half the town was at Walmart. Besides buying groceries, people were wiping out the 50% off Halloween items. I bought a pair of pumpkin earrings for next year--$1.50. I forgot what else I bought at WM. Of course, not thinking about the milk still in the car, I did buy more perishables that had to come into the house at 9:30 last night.

When I was ready to leave WM, rain was so heavy that a foot from the ground was in a fog of bouncing rain. I had to spend another 45 minutes until it stopped or slowed down. ugh Just turning around to stay there made me tired thinking of even being there.

After I talked to the cardiologist, he said he needs to see me again Friday. I dread another trip. It makes me tired to think about it! Plus, I need to get bscb on sale and see if butter is cheap.

My back and shoulders are hurting and my arms are numb. I could barely get out of the car and out of the wheelchair! Someone had to open a water bottle for me. I cannot imagine the aftermath of a car wreck that leaves a person with grave bodily injury, plus all this pain. Once again, I had to pay someone to wash my hair at salon.

Nothing but complaints? Well, the sun is going to shine today! My one goal is to plant red onions, yellow onions, tulips, daffodils, and one other thing I forgot, maybe garlic. This will only take poking a hole in the pots of dirt with a stick and poking in a bulb and covering it with soil using a stick. The fresh soil poured in there in July is still very soft.

The iris I planted the other day have not been dug up by the little demons we call chipmunks. So, I have hope. As a matter of fact, the are greening up a little.

I have been up since 4 am, so I will need a nap. Getting a jump on Friday shoppers, I will go to the store by 8 am. There will be no editing today.

Are your days long and hard or just long or just hard?  What do you have planned for today?

6 comments:

  1. I am four weeks post OP and today I hope to have the cast removed. I'm hoping to get a walking boot and a little more mobility. Doing nothing all day tires me out! I take at least one nap a day and lately I've been sleeping so hard that I awake sore and even more tired. I need to start moving, I guess. Hard to do when I'm in a non-weight-bearing cast. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catrina,
      Actually, doing nothing is draining. I do nothing and I am tired and sored. I do anything and I am tired and sore. I envy people who can work or do anything! I rode a stationary bike and let one leg go along for the ride and did not bear weight. Maybe you can do that. good luck today.

      Delete
  2. Working today, but off tomorrow. So happy. I hope you continue to get better, Kim. I know how hard it is being tired all of the time. I hope you have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda,
    Weekends are good! Have a good weekend! Thanks. Some people do not understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working in the house getting ready for all the wedding guests. Whew I never realized how dusty the corners can get. We do not use our upstairs except for TheHub's office, so things even though they are neat get really dirty and dingy looking. I am pretty sure I have wiped up trash can 's worth of dust from the woodwork alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      At least things were neat up there. I know that dingy look in my upstairs when no one was ever there. I know you will have it shining when people arrive.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.