Contact Me

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Monday

Monday, I was going to cook chicken and freeze some. I picked up what I thought was a knife, but it was a fork. Not to be deterred, I used it to open the packaging on the chicken. I could see the package of chicken was puffy. But, what happened next was a shock.

The fork broke through the puffy package alright! Raw chicken "juice" squirted right up my nose and into my mouth. I gave a little screech and realized it was all around my mouth, too. Grabbing the Dawn, I got it on my finger and poked it up my nose and sort of into my mouth, spitting and rinsing with water. That chicken was so GROSS.

The chicken went straight back to the store and I traded it for fresh. I decided to go to WM. While there, I realized the pharmacy was still open. The pharmacist told me the germs had to get into my stomach. It can take 12 hours for me to get sick. Well, I was going to go to the doctor on Tuesday morning. Tuesday--it is about 1:30, and I am not ill.

Tommy was called for jury duty. I hoped his condition would exempt him. He did not even want to try. His voice gives away his happiness for this venture. He saw a high school friend at court that he had reconnected with while at Sam's. Monday was the first day, and he made it to the chosen 30.

 After I fed my chickens, as I rounded the corner where I could no longer see them, I heard what could have been an egg song except it did not last long. I did not want to go back and fight them for an egg.  Of course, it was such a short sound that it could been Cher beating up Bette for looking at any of the food. Cher is very bossy and dominates the food.

Knowing better, I bought Christmas hat Kisses for myself Monday night, telling myself I would not open them until after Thanksgiving. Who am I kidding? So, I am going to seal them up in several boxes or bags and put them into the trunk. Maybe that will keep me out of them. Tuesday--still have not even touched the bag!

That was my Monday except for two naps. Since the weather is going to be bad, I have the energy to stay up if necessary. I doubt anything will happen, but before any bad weather gets here, I need to change batteries in a few flashlights.

Have you ever gotten chicken "juice" in your mouth? Do you like or dislike jury duty? I cannot be trusted with chocolate. (Ask my kids.) Can you?

4 comments:

  1. Since I have been doing this keto thing I have lost my obsession with chocolate.
    Bird juice? Yuck!
    I hate getting called for jury duty. I sit for 3 days before they let me go. I never get to actually serve on a jury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      My obsession comes and goes now. I don't know why. Yuck is absolutely correct!
      I have been called twice and was let go early in the day both times. Tommy was not chosen, so today was his last day. He was disappointed and wll get the princely sum of $20.60 for his time and gas.

      Delete
  2. I was called for jury duty once and was very interested to do it but was dismissed without being assigned a case. They paid us $9 and i missed a day at work so it wasn't very sensible economically.
    The chicken juice would make me gag but I wouldn't fear getting sick, i just dont worry much about that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I think I was paid $6 and was dismissed. Oh my, I do worry about contaminating anything with raw chicken. I am very careful about cross-contamination.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.