Contact Me

Monday, November 19, 2018

Monday, More Money for Me Today

Today was MRI day. Tommy came up and drove me. I have been feeling woozy and did not want to drive so far. I packed a snack-y sort of lunch to keep from buying fast food. We each had three good sized strawberries and a large pineapple spear, cheddar cheese and chunks of chicken. I packed a tiny pack of goldfish for him, and we had water. My intentions were to make a sandwich, but I could not find the bread after a ten-second search.

At the MRI office, I received a $10 gift card and another for the last time I went for an MRI. There was a basket of snacks. I ate cookies and took cheese peanut butter crackers to Tommy. The lady gave me a Coke. There is a cooler full of drinks for customers. It is a very nice facility. The tiny dressing rooms are well-appointed. It all feels so luxurious.

Before we left for my appointment to the north, we drove 7 miles south. We each purchased a turkey breast for $0.95/lbs. The three are in the refrigerator. Hopefully, all three will fit in a turkey bag. I will cook all three and slice one for him, keeping the other two in my freezer, sliced and ready to serve.

The temps were fine until a chilling rain turned the day uncomfortable. Tommy said it was strange hearing me say I was cold because I rarely complain about the cold in such mild weather as we had today.

The two gift cards bought gas. $20 did not even fill the car 3/4 full. Gas is $2.12 here.

I had one of those frozen meals, raw and ready to cook. Yesterday, I cooked that in the crock pot, took out the pork roast, onions, and peppers. Then, I added potatoes and carrots to the crock pot. The carrots were organic and four different colors. This all went home with Tommy. The mojito seasoning is just too hot for me.

Now, I wonder what money will come my way tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. tana50,
      It was a good day. I went to the grocery store and napped from 5:30 to 10:30 this evening.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.