Contact Me

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Money Save, Lunch, Opossums

As I was tidying up on Tuesday, I picked up a plastic bag with plastic bags inside it. For some reason I pulled out all the bags. Inside one of the bags I felt something. It was a check and receipt from a purchase. AND, two $5 bills. $10!

This was more of a save than gain. But, it could have been a loss. I am counting it.

My garbage and recycling have been the target of animals. I find recycling under the house! Saturday night, garbage was strewn all over the yard, front and back. Thankfully, the mower guy picked it up without complaining. He says it is 'possums and not raccoons. He says that his yard is overrun with 'possums and is sure that is what is getting into my trash.

Last Sunday, I set the trap for raccoons with strawberry. Monday morning, both the pieces of strawberry were still there. It is surprising that a ground squirrel, tree squirrel, or something did not fall for the bait once it was daylight. Tuesday, the strawberries are still in the trap. Okay, Tuesday afternoon both pieces of strawberry were gone, but the trap was not tripped.

Animal Control might give me hints for what I should put in the trap. And, the Internet could help me. If you have had 'opossums and successfully gotten rid of them, how did you do it? I don't need a link. Okay, he said tuna or sardines. I will catch cats with that!

Today was supposed to be lunch day, but they cancelled it. The moved it back to last Tuesday!

What has worked for you when you caught a 'possum?


11 comments:

  1. I have never had to catch a possum. I wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Sandie,
      I guess I don't HAVE to catch this one. But, I cannot pick up garbage...lol. Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda, have a happy Thanksgiving. I have to bag any garbage and store it in the freezer til trash day. So save those bags and wrap it 2x. I know it seems a little "ickie" but the raccoon that was in my yard looked like a bear cub from feasting on garbage. Also try a piece of apple with peanut butter. And be careful...possums are not very friendly when caught in a cage.Barb in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb,
      I suppose I will have to go buy a freezer to store garbage. It is not as icky as picking up garbage from the yard, garbage that has chew marks! The animal control man said one of my raccoons I caught was huge!

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda
    We don’t have possums in the Uk, or raccoons but we do have badgers, foxes and hedgehogs. We live in a city but still get them coming into the garden. They don’t do damage though so I’m always pleased to see them.
    Happy Thanksgiving X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in a city of about 16K and raccoons and possums are common pests. The problem is that people feed them! Thanks

      Delete
  4. We had possoms and raccoons in our old neck of the woods, but never had them getting in our garbage can, so never had to try to catch them. DD said they just had some raccoons chew through their garbage can lid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose those raccoons got their food from someone who fed them. They will chew their way though the siding, insulation, and wall if they really want inside!

      Delete
  5. Hi friends, Are you seeking for urgent loan if yes kindly contact this good company where I got my loan of $30,000.00 without no delay in less than few hours, you can also try it and see through this Email: citvendorfinance@gmail .com
    Text/WhatsApp +1 (747) 223-7461

    ReplyDelete
  6. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.