Contact Me

Sunday, November 18, 2018

3 Financial Wins Today

1) My friend mowed today, picked up a five gallon bucket of hickory nuts, hauled huge limbs to the road, and put grass cuttings in the chicken pen for Bette. Oh, he also hauled Cher's carcass to the garbage. She died one day last week. She had been looking ragged in the feathers for a few days. Anyway, he refused any pay. He is one of the most conscientious mowers I have had in a long time.

That saved me $30 today.

While I was at the road, I checked the mail. There was none there on Saturday when I looked, so the mailman must have been late. Today, Sunday, there was one bill and two letters from a credit union, and some address I did not recognize. 

2) One envelope from the credit union was my statement. The other was about car insurance. On a whim, I called the number.

Present insurance per year without full coverage--$1,216

New insurance per year with full coverage--$ 756

Savings per year--$460

When I opened the envelope with an address I did not recognize, I gasped and could not believe my good fortune today. A program for survivors of cancer is offering me a chance to participate in a study. I immediately called and left a message saying I was interested.

It seems I will get $500 in seeds, raised beds, garden utensils and free help with labor and knowledge about raising plants. The objective is to determine how raising one's own food impacts physical and emotional health. The catch? I have to give them two Tbsp of blood three times, answer questionnaires, and be paid for doing so. This will last two years.

When I called Tommy with all this good news, he was laughing and happy for all this good news and on one day. He said that the only thing that would complete this fortune was a call from the government saying a wealthy relative had left behind millions for me.

Sunday was a $1000 day! Oh, I received a packet of tomato seeds! And a lot of hope.

I was so happy that I had a little cry. 

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo! $1,000 is quite a windfall! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your good news day! It is so much fun when unexpected good things happen. I will cross my fingers that you get at least one of these days every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Thanks. One of these days each week would be beyond wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Belinda, I had not ever heard of this study, but it is a good thing. Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.